BRP Interplanetary

Jason D

I'm still interested in this. I'd love to see it in BRP format. but what other Sword & Planet games are out there?

Guy

There's:

Mars from Adamant Publishing, which started as d20 and now has been ported to Savage Worlds.

Under the Moons of Zoon

Space and Steel

Cavaliers of Mars

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a bump...not a query.

In light of the changes over at Chaosium, maybe once they have a chance to sort things out, your (long-ago) proposal will receive consideration and another chance. I hope you haven't given up on it yet, Jason  :)

• Like 1

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Wow, this thread has been lingering for the last 8 years and won't die. That must surely indicate something

This book should certainly go ahead either as a BRP BGB product, or a RQ Gateway product (failing that, even LEGEND or OQ).

But the point is, a Sword And Planet setting will be great for the BRP system.

I guess the only competition could be Chronicles of Future Earth, although the BRP book was pretty slim (I read somewhere that it may be getting further developed for LEGEND or RQ6, I'm not sure)

The more I read RQ6, the more I see a setting like this could work well, and now that Luther Arkwright is out its easy to see that the system can do a good job at Sci Fi as well. We already know RQ6 can do Sword and Sorcery quite well, so it should have no issues mixing those genres to create a Planetary Adventure setting.

I see a RQ Gateway product being the best fit for this concept

I would love to see this one hit the shelves

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...