Handouts for Elemental Cults

Chaot

So, I've been toying with the idea of player handouts, to orient them to the Young Kingdoms without giving them a lot to digest. In that vein, I did up some YK maps and I started doodling some ideas for the lords of chaos and law, as well as the elemental lords.

Well, today I was working on a project that required downtime so I pulled out Grome.

Grome.jpg

The material came from Stormbringer5, Nephilim and Mmagi from the Young Kingdoms.

What do you think?

70/420

Correction, not Magic of the Young Kingdoms. I took some stuff from Cults of the Young Kingdoms. Cults, by the way, has an excellent Elemental Paths system that I plan on stealing for my Elric! game as soon as someone expresses interest in an Elemental Cult.

Here's another one.

Straasha.jpg

Again, suggestions and critique are welcome.

70/420

And here's the good Lady Lassa.

Lassa.jpg

Minor things in the first three have changed as I went along, a different spell selection here and there and switching up some Occupations. Also, some adjusting of the graphics and a fixed typo. I'm thinking about doing one of two things though.

I snagged the Elemental as a convenience but am thinking about stating up examples that are more in falling with a typical elemental sorcerer without access to Brazier of Power or Chain of Being. The elementals down right now are rather heavy hitters. Alternatively, I'm seriously thinking about adapting the Elemental Paths to Elric! rules and replacing the Elemental example with the Path. It would seem to be a more pertinent use of space.

Another thing I want to do is a quick rewrite of some material there, particularly Grome's text.

70/420

Thanks Gianni. They haven't been used yet but I hope they go over well.

There was a GM screen that was sold for Elric! back in the day and it included a few extras. There was this little scenario and maybe some character sheets but the thing that got the most use for me out of that was the price list and weapons and armor stats that were printed on loose 8x11 pieces of cardstock. They were seriously handy and cut down on prep time as everyone could have a copy and not have to pass around a book.

70/420