RIVER OF HEAVEN - Science Fiction Roleplaying in the 28th Century

Trifletraxor

If you want a taste of the game I'm hoping to be out and about at several UK gaming conventions this year running River of Heaven adventures... :)

Cool. Will you be at Continnuum 2012? If so sign me up for a game.

As an aside, any more solid news on a release date for RoH?

I'll probably get the PDF version of this. Looking forward to seeing some reviews. I don't know if it's advancing age (mid 40's) or just getting lazy, but I find familiar game systems much more attractive then learning a bunch of new rules. Now get off my lawn!

• 1 month later...

Any updates to River of Heaven...

I'm brimming with ideas and can't wait for this to be released!

Binder

Edited by binder

Stormbringer! - Exploring the worlds of the Eternal Champion at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com

Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org

DCtRPG.info - Supporting Dark Conspiracy across the decades - http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.com

• 2 weeks later...

Alas no its slipped, due to some Real life issues on my part that has put back the whole D101 schedule by 2-3 months.

Currently stick in art and proofing.

Aiming for OCT/NOV release, in time for Dragonmeet.

That's a shame - I'm looking forward to this release.

Will this also delay the revised version of the OpenQuest rulebook?

Alas no its slipped, due to some Real life issues on my part that has put back the whole D101 schedule by 2-3 months.

Currently stick in art and proofing.

Aiming for OCT/NOV release, in time for Dragonmeet.

By that time I'll have drifted through the core systems, and you'll be lucky if a deep salvage team can get to my cryo pod to wake me up in time to get the damned game!

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

• 1 month later...

Ok couple of updates.

Just about to finish proofing - finaly chapter should be with my this weekend or next.

Artist is rearing to go, and I'm drawing up a list of Art right now.

John O who is a Designer by trade, is going to be drawing up InDesign Templates for me to do layout in.

While John unfortunately can't make Continuum, I will be running his scenario "The Last Witness" for him on Saturday Afternoon.

Still on for the OCT/Nov release date - so you will see the book at Dragonmeet :)

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

I am very much looking forward to this one ...

... finaly chapter should be with my this weekend or next.

... but this makes me slightly sceptical of your proofing. ;)

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just found this, and am very interested.

Will this game be receiving a Indiegogo treatment like the OQ2 is, or will this just be a preorder through your main website?

Also, being new to all this, I'm curious if buying OQ2 and RoH is redundant. I saw that the description page for RoH said it is a stand alone product using OQ. Does this mean it will not be using OQ2? Would there be a benefit to also purchasing the OQ2 book? Just a little confused, sorry.

Stand alone in this context usually means that it doesn't require another book, hence stand alone. This usually means that the core rules are included with the setting rules. Where the opposite is the case the publisher's blurb says something like requires X to play.

Nigel

Do we have any new info on when this will be out? My legs are getting completely numb in this cryo pod.......:(

Hi Conrad, the proof reader is being more tardy than expected. I've got patience with him, since he is very good, but it has delayed things. Release date will probably now be early 2013.

Will this game be receiving a Indiegogo treatment like the OQ2 is, or will this just be a preorder through your main website?

It will probably be an IndieGoGo pre-order.

Also, being new to all this, I'm curious if buying OQ2 and RoH is redundant. I saw that the description page for RoH said it is a stand alone product using OQ. Does this mean it will not be using OQ2? Would there be a benefit to also purchasing the OQ2 book? Just a little confused, sorry.

ROH is a self contained game, whcih includes the bits of OpenQuest it needs to run alongside new rules specifically written for RoH. RoH will benefit from any updates to the actual rules that comes out of OQ2, but bear in mind OQ2 is a fantasy game and the main overhaul (if any) is going to happen for the magic rules. So in short you don't need OQ2 to play RoH, and you won't miss anything if you only buy RoH.

It will probably be an IndieGoGo pre-order.

ROH is a self contained game, whcih includes the bits of OpenQuest it needs to run alongside new rules specifically written for RoH. RoH will benefit from any updates to the actual rules that comes out of OQ2, but bear in mind OQ2 is a fantasy game and the main overhaul (if any) is going to happen for the magic rules. So in short you don't need OQ2 to play RoH, and you won't miss anything if you only buy RoH.

Sounds great, thanks for the reply.

And in checking everything out, I got excited about the OpenQuest fantasy game too, and preordered OQ2. Can't wait for RoH as well. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...