Fantasy Grounds 2 and BRP

Baron

This thingy looks very neat.

However, Google+ support for Fantasy Grounds was promised for 2012.

Was that a promise from Smiteworks or is it one of their goals ? Either way if they could implement it, it could mean lots of exposure.

Edited by wbcreighton

I useĀ  fantasygrounds.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have Ultimate, so I can run full games for anyone, including people who have a demo license. If we can gather a group, I would gladly run a game of Rome, Stupor Mundi or Crusaders for people who do not know the software.

I'd be very happy to join in on that, and could probably get another player or two who are interested. I own the Rome book already (which is tremendous BTW).

Having said that, I've been following the development of Tabletop Forge and the way G+ is working already, and I do think that a system based on G+ Hangouts is ultimately the way it's going to go. I take your point about FG being the only publishing platform up to now though, and that's really important. If they can integrate G+, that could give FG a serious boost.

• 1 month later...

Hey Baron,

I've run into a difficulty in running a demo game. Apparently because I have the Full license, I would have to uninstall FG, download and install a unregistered version to run a demo for you. Then I would have to uninstall FG again and download it again and put my key in again. I don't think I want to try that especially cince I'n running a campaign and don't want to gimp it up. Sorry about that. It is easier for someone who hasn't actually bought it to demo unless they bought the Ultimate version.

Update: An option to be able to do a demo if you have a Full license is being added, and the new version is in beta now.

There is also a virtual FG con in the planning stages. Supposed to be lots of GMs who own Ultimate licenses running demos.

If they can integrate G+, that could give FG a serious boost.

It is in the plans, they said. Given the momentum G+ is gaining in the gaming community, I hope that the priority already attributed to this feature is increased.

As for the virtual convention, I will manage to take part in it with if I can.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

• 2 weeks later...

Alas, I tried a Google hangout game one weekend, and my wife and daughter made sure it was completely impossible for me to play. Why do they demand my undivided attention? It looks like I'll have to miss on the real-time online gaming world. <sigh>

Alas, I tried a Google hangout game one weekend, and my wife and daughter made sure it was completely impossible for me to play. Why do they demand my undivided attention? It looks like I'll have to miss on the real-time online gaming world. <sigh>

You have to do what other guys do: recruit them into the game !

... my wife and daughter made sure it was completely impossible for me to play. Why do they demand my undivided attention?
Amazing. You're on a completely different continent, yet we must of married the same woman. The sad plight of mature gamers-with-families everywhere it seems heh heh...

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"