Query regarding 'Pulp Cthuhlu'

Mankcam

The latest update about Pulp Cthulhu was on March 27 and this is what it was said:

I’ve been working on Pulp Cthulhu. Writing new rules and material, collating previously written material and generally building the supplement. We have commissioned some brand new scenarios for the book, and have another scenario currently in rewrites with the author.

Pulp Cthulhu’s contents are looking like:

• A brief history of the pulps.

• Character generation for 'heroes' (investigators are renamed as heroes, for a slightly more pulp feel), this includes the addition of pulp archetypes, some adjusted skills, pulp talents, new occupations, and new backstory suggestions.

• A game system chapter, with pulp rules which combine with the standard Call of Cthulhu rules to allow for a pulpier style play.

• A pulp sanity chapter that provides rules for insane skills, and adjusted insanity outcomes.

• Rules for weird science and psychic skills, as well as adjusted rules for magic.

• A set of organizations for heroes to belong to, as well as some ‘evil’ organizations for villains.

• Advice for keepers on running pulp style games.

• A chapter of pulp villains, characters and monsters.

• 1930s history chapter, plus equipment lists and weapon charts.

That is from this update.

Originally they said it will be sent to backers in a second shipment, but that was when the books were due on July. Now with the books new date (October) it may be shipped together with the 7e books.

@Baron, The writing team for CoC 7e contains Paul Fricker and Mike Mason (also now some sort of head editor for Chaosium and previously one of the Cult of Keepers CoC group in the UK) are British and wrote most of 7e. Scott Dorward one of the scenario authors and also one of the Milton Keynes gaming group that contains a lot of CoC and Horror gaming scenario authors, has written some of the scenarios found in 7e and the Cthulhu Britannica material (he's Line Editor for C7's Cthulhu Britannica line). Matt Sanderson, who does a lot of material for WOD as well as CoC, is also in that group although I'm not sure how much material he's done for 7e - at least one scenario that I playtested that I believe is going in to the core rulebook.

The writing credits of previous editions have always listed Sandy and Lynn amongst the authors as the work has built on the foundations provided by them so I believe that 7e will be no different.

Nigel

• 1 month later...

I've got my own pulp project using the Legend rules, it'll be interesting if I come up with anything similar to the pulp Cthulhu rules. I will definitely be plundering those rules for ideas when they come out.

Off the top of my head they had professions with special abilities/ powers?