democracy in action

tedopon

Have we decided on whether or not this is a Gated Many Worlds Project, or a Shared World yet? Also, are there going to end up being two projects anyway?

I propose we all agree through suggestion and group concesus on a small battery of questions related to this entire project (say 5-10 items).

For example:

_Would you rather have one world, or a network of worlds part of a larger universe?_

_Sci-Fi, Fantasy or mixed genre?_

_Should there be a universal writing format for all submissions?_

I realize that each of the examples above have already been asked, but seeing a group of questions answered by the group, in one place, should expedite the initial process (I hope, anyway). I think everyone here has great ideas, and I want to see all of them start to take off and be open for use/suggestion/criticism by others. The quicker we get done with this mess of initial group dynamic, the quicker we get to building this thing.

EDIT:

I'm sorry, I meant this to be a reply in another thread. Sorry to add clutter to the boards.

121/420

I believe we have decided to do both a Shared World and a Gated Worlds 'network' (though of course ShareWorld can be just one of the GateWorlds).

For the GateWorlds, democracy is irrelevant because each world's author is GOD for their own world/universe. (A benefit of GateWorlds is that Authors can just get on and publish whatever they develop, or have developed already, without this sort of admin overhead).

For ShareWorld, the SciFi/Fantasy/Mixed question is relevant - but since SciFi settings usually need more than one planet, it seems like we're already heading towards the Fantasy option... I'm sure there will be other questions, though! But I reckon they are best tackled when we meet them - we could debate them endlessly and never get started, if we try to decide them all now.

A standard write-up format would be a nice-to-have, but can be decided later (when we've seen what formats people use, we can choose the best and conform to that standard).

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Have we decided on whether or not this is a Gated Many Worlds Project, or a Shared World yet? Also, are there going to end up being two projects anyway?

Yup. I think so. The many worlds project is good for those who have made a world allready, or have a clear view of what kind off setting that they want to develope.

_Sci-Fi, Fantasy or mixed genre?_

Fantasy is probably the easiest for the shared world, and have a slight majority it seems. That doesn't mean we couldn't have a sci-fi project too though. It's all just in the lofty planning/idea phase yet.

I'm sorry, I meant this to be a reply in another thread. Sorry to add clutter to the boards.

More threads are good. The problem goes the other way around. :P

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.