Psionics in a monograph?

pulpcitizen

Hi guys; working on a campaign setting for my gaming group which will heavily feature psionics, and while working up some extra rules/refining rules I had planned to use for something else, it has only now occurred to me to throw the question out to you guys if any of the monographs feature expanded rules for psionics?

Thanks in advance.

Very slowly working towards completing my monograph.

I'm on vacation in Casper, Wyoming (don't ask) at the moment, but I thought Psionics was covered to some degree in Swords of Cydoria?

If you want an unconventional response, I pretty much used the system from Psi-World (the old FGU game) to plug in a psionic rebel character for BRP years ago. It worked okay, though the character was almost a minor super hero in effect.

I'm on vacation in Casper, Wyoming (don't ask) at the moment, but I thought Psionics was covered to some degree in Swords of Cydoria?

If you want an unconventional response, I pretty much used the system from Psi-World (the old FGU game) to plug in a psionic rebel character for BRP years ago. It worked okay, though the character was almost a minor super hero in effect.

Thanks; primarily looking to build on the base BRP psionics so wil investigate Swords of Cydoria. :)

John Ossoway's Cthulhu Rising has some good rules for psionics. One of my players played a precognitive space navigator and starship pilot using those rules.

Are they in line with the rules in BRP, or something else (like a whole system?

Thanks.

Hi guys; working on a campaign setting for my gaming group which will heavily feature psionics, and while working up some extra rules/refining rules I had planned to use for something else, it has only now occurred to me to throw the question out to you guys if any of the monographs feature expanded rules for psionics?

Thanks in advance.

You should look at the psychic powers in City of Hereos. The FREE pdf is available here:

http://basicroleplaying.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=60

Since you're asking about monographs, there's a little bit in Rubble and Ruin. Maybe two pages.

If I ever have a game that involves Psionics to a good extent I will probably lean on GURPS Magic 3ed. There's a lot of good psionic stuff in there and it's fairly easy to adapt to BRP.

70/420

Since you're asking about monographs, there's a little bit in Rubble and Ruin. Maybe two pages.

If I ever have a game that involves Psionics to a good extent I will probably lean on GURPS Magic 3ed. There's a lot of good psionic stuff in there and it's fairly easy to adapt to BRP.

If you do, you may want to look at the GURPS: Powers - Psionic Powers PDF as well. A well-worked example of how to do psionics with GURPS 4th edition.

• 3 weeks later...

Are they in line with the rules in BRP, or something else (like a whole system?

Thanks.

They are their own system, vaguely reminiscent of the old Traveller psionics rules. There are different types of psionics (eg. precognitives, telepaths etc.) with different power levels. The power level gives a psionic access to certain powers within their discipline. A psionic has skill in each power separately and they improve likewise.

• 1 year later...