Posts required to upload

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nerdvana

nerdvana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationFlorida, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Observable Universe

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I asked this in another thread which got no reply so I figured I'd make a new post to ask it. At what point can I upload files to the site?

The reason I ask is because I'm writing up a new skill for Legend and wanted to upload a PDF of it to share.

(I know that this is based on number of posts, so when I am asking this I am at 28 posts, including this one)

Edited by nerdvana, 21 January 2014 - 04:24 PM.
edited in comment about number of posts

#2 nclarke

nclarke

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

If you go to the Forum tab and select FAQ you can find the Board FAQ. Under the Reading and Posting Messages section you'll find a sub-section Attachments and Images which has what you want for in-line images etc.

Here's a direct link.
http://basicroleplay...vb3_attachments

There isn't a FAQ for Uploads so send a PM to the board owner Trifletraxor for help. IIRC it was soemthing like 25 posts for uploads but YMMV.

#3 nerdvana

nerdvana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationFlorida, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Observable Universe

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Ok, I'll reach out to Triffetraxor cause I cannot make it work, keep getting a red circle (!) symbol. Thanks!

#4 nclarke

nclarke

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Is the board trying to tell you something? :-)

#5 nerdvana

nerdvana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Is the board trying to tell you something? :-)

Maybe. That's why I'm looking for info on this situation. lol

#6 Chorpa

Chorpa

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationUmeå

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

Are you trying to attach it to a posted message? If you are you could always put it in the downloads section otherwise. A third option is to use google drive and share the link to it in a post. ;t)

#7 nerdvana

nerdvana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

Are you trying to attach it to a posted message? If you are you could always put it in the downloads section otherwise. A third option is to use google drive and share the link to it in a post. ;t)

I had been trying to attach an image to a post. I did end up uploading it to my 4share account and use an HTML link to put it in the post. I figured that if I couldn't do that I couldn't upload to the downloads section but I haven't tried as my work isn't ready for that... was just trying to be prepared.

#8 nclarke

nclarke

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

So you have had a bunch of people trying to help you when you haven't even tried to do an upload! I pointed you to the FAQ and gave you the link on how to include images and now I find that was a complete waste of my time.

Sorry but you need to take some responsibility for working things out yourself not blindly post requests for assistance for something you didn't even try and thus waste people's time.

I'm afraid that responding to you with help has now become unlikely in my case.

#9 nerdvana

nerdvana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

So you have had a bunch of people trying to help you when you haven't even tried to do an upload!

I tried an image upload into the forum. For all appearances it is the same. Thus I wanted to know the /rules/. I didn't know who to ask so I asked here. I then PMed the forum owner as was suggested. Then other people started talking and I answered. Please don't get upset with me for your continuing when I acknowledged the information you gave me three days ago.

#10 Chorpa

Chorpa

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationUmeå

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

No harm done. There are really not much rules except common sense. We do our best to help keeping harmful stuff away but except for some forum spammers now and then it is mostly quite open. The advantage with uploading stuff into the Download section is that you can update the file with a new one whenever you want. I do that myself and find it much easier than posting an attachment with a post. Now that I think about it I don't even think I have ever attached something to a post so don't even know if that works. But nowadays I just find it simpler to link to the file in my Google Drive account since when I do make a change, the file updates straight away removing the need for an upload each time. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users