RQ6 in Italian!

lawrence.whitaker

Hot on the heels of the Runa Digital Verkami crowd funding campaign...

The Design Mechanism and Alephtar Games have reached an agreement to publish an Italian translation of RuneQuest Sixth Edition, the traditional roleplaying game which Design Mechanism developed under license from Issaries/Moon Design Publications. The RuneQuest brand is one of the oldest in the history of roleplaying games, having been created originally in 1978, and Sixth Edition renewed and improved many aspects of that venerable game while remaining true to its peculiar, distinctive feeling. Alephtar Games have published the only expansion for RuneQuest in the Italian language so far, and has produced a considerable amount of supplements for D100-based games since 2007. "Italian gamers have shown a deep appreciation for the previous edition of this game and it would be a pity to not let them play this new little gem in their native language", says Paolo Guccione, owner of Alephtar Games.

We are really looking forward to this Italian edition of RQ. There will be a crowd funding campaign and we will publish more details here.

Loz

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Will the physical quality of the book match that of the English edition, or will it depend on the success of the crowfunding campaign?

I trust Rosen to produce a professional translation: this would be of paramount importance to me, since I stopped buying RPGs translated into Italian many years ago due to the mind-rending ungrammaticality of some translations. However, I haven't already bought RQ6 because these days I almost have no time for reading RPG books, especially in English...

I stopped buying RPGs translated into Italian many years ago due to the mind-rending ungrammaticality of some translations.

By the way, this fact disproves CoC's implicit rule that an investigator who reads a translation always loses less SAN than if they had read the original.

Lucky Italians. I'm English and of course have the book in my mother tongue. I live however in Spain, (my wife being Spanish, my job being okay and the weather being nicer, actually I rather miss Blighty). I'd love a version of this game in Spanish. I've several Spanish friends who have expressed an interest in RPG and doing it in their first language would be great, (not all of my Spanish friends can even speak English). RQ3 was a popular game for years over here and I'm sure RQ6 would find a receptive market. Are there any plans for other translations to other languages?

I've several Spanish friends who have expressed an interest in RPG and doing it in their first language would be great, (not all of my Spanish friends can even speak English). RQ3 was a popular game for years over here and I'm sure RQ6 would find a receptive market. Are there any plans for other translations to other languages?

Take a look over here... RuneQuest 6 in Spanish