• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

PIRATES & DRAGONS IS HERE!

The Pirates & Dragons Core Rulebook is now available in PDF! Get it now, and you'll get the price of it knocked off the print edition when its available! Also available is a PDF poster map of the Dragon Isles.

Posted Image

Plus, coming soon – Curious Creatures of the Dragon Isles, Gazetteer #1: Tales of Tortuga and Ships of the Dragon Isles.

http://rpg.drivethru...s-Core-Rulebook

http://clockworkandc...ragons-is-here/
Peter Cakebread
>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)
Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

#2 threedeesix

threedeesix

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

And a FANTASTIC looking game it is. I hope to set aside some time this weekend to give it a read. A great setting and premise.

Rod
Join my RuneQuest: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo...roups/RQCF/info
Join my BRP: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at http://games.groups....classicfantasy/

#3 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

And a FANTASTIC looking game it is. I hope to set aside some time this weekend to give it a read. A great setting and premise.

Rod

Thanks for the kind words, Rod :D
Peter Cakebread

#4 Vorax Transtellaris

Vorax Transtellaris

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

It's looking great. I was very pleased to see the monkey entry ;). You even added the option of importing Old World monkeys and apes to the Dragon Isles. Now that's versatility!
RPGbericht (Dutch)

#5 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

It's looking great. I was very pleased to see the monkey entry ;). You even added the option of importing Old World monkeys and apes to the Dragon Isles. Now that's versatility!

Thanks, Vorax! I might have written the pirate pets section without your nudging - possibly - but you can definitely take credit for the amount of monkey in there :)
Peter Cakebread

#6 Vorax Transtellaris

Vorax Transtellaris

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

Thanks, Vorax! I might have written the pirate pets section without your nudging - possibly - but you can definitely take credit for the amount of monkey in there :)

When I get this game to the table I'll base a whole scenario around a particularly mischievous specimen that had a notorious pirate shave it and tatoo a treasure map on its back, after which it escaped and got lost...
RPGbericht (Dutch)

#7 Michael Hopcroft

Michael Hopcroft

Your Tax Dollars at Play

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

When I get this game to the table I'll base a whole scenario around a particularly mischievous specimen that had a notorious pirate shave it and tatoo a treasure map on its back, after which it escaped and got lost...

Not as bad as tattooing a treasure map on the head of your newborn baby son.....

#8 Vorax Transtellaris

Vorax Transtellaris

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Not as bad as tattooing a treasure map on the head of your newborn baby son.....

Yeah, but that's already been done (and failed eventually). ;)

A tatooed monkey, especially if it's an indigenous species to the Dragon Isles, is going to be a hell of a lot more difficult to track, though.
RPGbericht (Dutch)

#9 Cdr Vimes

Cdr Vimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Just spent a happy Easter Sunday morning in bed, with the rain throwing it down outside, perusing my copy. Awesome work and I can't wait to run a game or even port loads of it into a prequel to my steampunk airship game. The rude parrot may me spray tea all over my laptop.

#10 Omro Gamer

Omro Gamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

This was a great reward for supporting your kickstarter. The PDF is great I can't wait for my hard copy to arrive. This is really a new golden age for BRP based games.

#11 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Just spent a happy Easter Sunday morning in bed, with the rain throwing it down outside, perusing my copy. Awesome work and I can't wait to run a game or even port loads of it into a prequel to my steampunk airship game. The rude parrot may me spray tea all over my laptop.

Thanks, Cdr Vimes :)

Ha ha, the parrot has done its work!
Peter Cakebread

#12 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

This was a great reward for supporting your kickstarter. The PDF is great I can't wait for my hard copy to arrive. This is really a new golden age for BRP based games.

Thanks, Omro :D It wouldn't have become a reality without everyone's pledges - I'm thrilled people are liking what they see.
Peter Cakebread

#13 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm so pleased to hear folk are liking P&D so far :) We're hoping we can get the word out there and really get the line moving. We have the bestiary and first gazetteer in the pipeline - and we reckon a book of ships is on the horizon. We have a stack of other things we'd like to develop for the setting :)

Thanks again, everybody :D
Peter Cakebread

#14 Mankcam

Mankcam

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

This was one kickstarter project I had to skip unfortunately. I'm now thrilled to see it released for wider publication. I greedily scooped up the corebook pdf and it looks great. I can't wait to hold the hardcover edition in my hands, and I'll love to see some more resources for it.
Fine work fellers!

#15 Vorax Transtellaris

Vorax Transtellaris

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

I'm having some trouble reading the pdf on my tablet. It works but loading times are terribly long. Could this have to do with my hardware and/or software? Any advice to improve this would be welcome. I currently use the most recent version of Adobe Reader and my tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1).
RPGbericht (Dutch)

#16 Omro Gamer

Omro Gamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

It runs well on my iPad 3 using good reader. Maybe try a different app?

#17 Vorax Transtellaris

Vorax Transtellaris

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

It runs well on my iPad 3 using good reader. Maybe try a different app?

Usually it works fine, but I've had the same problem with one other pdf, the Hollow Earth Expedition core book. Something about these two pdf-files apparently makes them particularly "heavy" to process. I've tried Aldiko with Hollow Earth Expedition, but that was only a very minor improvement. Sill I'll give it another go.

Any other apps you'd suggest using?

Would switching off the energy-saving option on my tablet help?
RPGbericht (Dutch)

#18 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

I'll pass your question on to Ken, he uses various tablets (and preps the files) - I'm the IT dunce of the partnership :)
Peter Cakebread

#19 doomedpc

doomedpc

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hi Vorax,

Ken, he say:

"It's a *little* slow on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, but not unworkable. Turning off energy saving might well help, as it does throttle back the processor. (You could always give it a try and switch it back on again if it makes no difference).

I use ezPDF Reader Pro, which seems to cope with files better than the official Adobe reader.

And sorry you're having trouble - I've done all the correct optimisation on the file when creating it, so I've no idea why it's lagging."
Peter Cakebread

#20 bturner

bturner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

I've been reading using Adobe Acrobat on a Google Nexus 7. At normal reading speeds it resolves just fine. It does take time to resolve (first from white screen to blurred, and then to readably sharp) if I move through the file rapidly.

I did notice that the table of contents is structured oddly: there is one hierarchy, then after "Fatigue" the mark points break into three new hierarchies: "Pirates & Dragons 2.pdf", "Pirates & Dragons 3.pdf" and "Pirates & Dragons 4.pdf".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users