• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

It would have been nice to have been given some credit for proofreading part of Advanced Sorcery.X(
"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"

#2 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

When a Chaosium staffer, or a freelancer, is devoured by a plague of angry stoats you will know the terrible price for igniting the ire of The Bringer of Stoats! For you have brought mustelid doom upon yourselves!!! >:>
"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"

#3 tooley1chris

tooley1chris

Destroyer of Free Time

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Can't give credit and I am in no way affiliated,, but I personally appreciate the work any and everyone does to help bring new works to my gaming table. Thank you for your contribution!
*Dons mantle of protection from stoats *

#4 Skunkape

Skunkape

Ever Elusive

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

Likewise for me as tooley1chris, I agree, I appreciate the work that's done by everyone in this community and behind the scenes! Thanks for contributing!
Skunk

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall
Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Check out what games I’m working on and their status by visiting here.

Wizard Quest fantasy campaign

Tampa Bay Game Players Forum

285/420

#5 zomben

zomben

Back from the dead...

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

It would have been nice to have been given some credit for proofreading part of Advanced Sorcery.X(

There was a list of additions to the credits page that were not put in by the layout guy at the last hour.

If it's any consolation, the authors of the Fey Magic of The Southern Reaches chapter didn't get credited either.
Please note I do not actually work for Chaosium; I just do the occasional freelance editing work for them.

#6 tooley1chris

tooley1chris

Destroyer of Free Time

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

Zombens back! Go on vacation? LoL!

#7 zomben

zomben

Back from the dead...

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

I wish! No, just crazy busy over the last few weeks.
Please note I do not actually work for Chaosium; I just do the occasional freelance editing work for them.

#8 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Can't give credit and I am in no way affiliated,, but I personally appreciate the work any and everyone does to help bring new works to my gaming table. Thank you for your contribution!
*Dons mantle of protection from stoats *

Sir, you do not require a mantle of protection from stoats, for you are blessed by the Bringer of Stoats, and need not fear their furry little fury! ;D

Edited by Stoatbringer, 08 May 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#9 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Likewise for me as tooley1chris, I agree, I appreciate the work that's done by everyone in this community and behind the scenes! Thanks for contributing!

I know it wasn't as much of a contribution as some of the people that added ideas on such things as arete, but it would have been nice to be mentioned. Thanks for the appreciation. Skunkape. B-)

#10 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

There was a list of additions to the credits page that were not put in by the layout guy at the last hour.

If it's any consolation, the authors of the Fey Magic of The Southern Reaches chapter didn't get credited either.

Expect the sinisterly soft patter of stoaty feet in your area until all who have contributed are credited! And I noticed a spelling error in Fey Magic of The Southern Reaches (under the title "Call(Followers)" on page 119 the sentence "No worlds or thoughts.." should be "No words or thoughts..") which shows that my stoaty Search skill was not applied to that section of the book! >:>

#11 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

Zombens back! Go on vacation? LoL!

No matter where he goes my stoats will follow!

#12 soltakss

soltakss

RQ Fogey

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Expect the sinisterly soft patter of stoaty feet in your area until all who have contributed are credited! And I noticed a spelling error in Fey Magic of The Southern Reaches (under the title "Call(Followers)" on page 119 the sentence "No worlds or thoughts.." should be "No words or thoughts..") which shows that my stoaty Search skill was not applied to that section of the book! >:>

So, the proofreading omission was entirely valid, then. Next time get it right! :)

Just checked to see that there are no errors in this post. :7
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.
Many Systems, One Family

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://www.alephtarg...gland&Itemid=57 and http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups....ternateearthrq/ Website: http://alternateearthrq.soltakss.com/

#13 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

So, the proofreading omission was entirely valid, then. Next time get it right! :)

Just checked to see that there are no errors in this post. :7

Are you on drugs Soltakss? :?

#14 soltakss

soltakss

RQ Fogey

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:06 PM

Sorry, had my grumpy-pants on.
Simon Phipp - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982.
Many Systems, One Family

RQ Merrie England (Medieval RPG): http://www.alephtarg...gland&Itemid=57 and http://merrieengland.soltakss.com/

RQ/BRP: www.soltakss.com/index.html
RQ Alternate Earth: Group: http://games.groups....ternateearthrq/ Website: http://alternateearthrq.soltakss.com/

#15 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

You're telling me to get it right next time, when I didn't even proofread the section I was showing had errata in the finished product. In fact that was the reason why it had errata in it; because I hadn't proofread that section, because I was never sent it. ;)

Edited by Stoatbringer, 14 May 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#16 tooley1chris

tooley1chris

Destroyer of Free Time

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

BUT, oh bringer of Stoat Vengeance, had you taken the initiative and ASKED to proofread the materials you didn't even know existed... :)

#17 Stoatbringer

Stoatbringer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

BUT, oh bringer of Stoat Vengeance, had you taken the initiative and ASKED to proofread the materials you didn't even know existed... :)

But I'm not omniscient, just omnistoatent! ;)

Edited by Stoatbringer, 16 May 2014 - 08:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users