Using Index Tabs on "Big Gold Book"

Funny -- I was thinking the exact same thing last night. I think there are Post-it-Note-type stickers that you can use which are durable enough to stay in the book but aren't so sticky as to cause permanent damage to the pages. I've got a GM who's done the same thing with his World of Darkness books. I'm going to ask him what he used. I'll post here when I find out.

yep, i use them. its less about being anal and more about being able to quickly find stuff. i used ones similar to above though transparent. also having them stick out the top was less useful than having them stick out on the side.

I don't use the BGB enough to worry about it, but I did put tabs in my old DMG. I was thinking about putting them into my copy of Empire of the Petal Throne, but I think I'm going to use my own homebrewed notes instead.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and it helps a lot. I'd use durable ones.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions/feedback. I highly recommend doing this. I ended up using Post-it Tabs, and I am very happy with the results. I found them at my local OfficeMax -- they had 2 different packs with differing colors (blue, red, green and pink, orange, lime-green -- 686L-GBR and 686L-PGO respectively)

Here they are on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Dispenser-1-Inch-Orange-22-Tabs-66-Tabs/dp/B0027603S4

http://www.amazon.com/Post--Dispenser-1-Inch-22-Tabs-66-Tabs/dp/B0027603PC