Ships & Shield Walls Now Available!

lawrence.whitaker

Taking RuneQuest Campaigns to the High Seas and Fields of Battle!

http://www.thedesignmechanism.com/products

Ships and Shield Walls offers additional rules for Games Masters and players, taking RuneQuest characters onto the oceans and seas, and into pitched conflict.

Ships & Seafaring gives you the tools for defining and managing ships of all kinds, including encounter tables, sample vessels and two new sea creatures from myth and legend.

Shield Walls & Battles provides semi-abstract rules for handling large-scale clashes of warriors and weapons - from shield walls and phalanxes, up to entire regiments. The rules include handling character actions during the battle, and the rewards one can expect from glory!

At 32 pages, Ships and Shield Walls is concise and focused, but detailed and guaranteed to offer an extra dimension to any RuneQuest or d100 campaign.

Prices

Print & PDF, $7.95

PDF only, $3.95

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Bought the pdf for the price of a beer in a tavern. Excellent value, highly recommended!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I see Fred Hicks is also in the credits for Design & Layout. I presume its a small world, and that this could be the Fred Hicks of FATE fame?

I shouldn't be surprised I guess. Most of my rpg purchases in recent years external to BRP & MRQ2/LEGEND/RQ6 have either been Gloranthan HQ supplements or practically anything for the FATE system. I backed the FATE Core kickstarter as well. In fact I think FATE would be the only system I'ld GM outside of BRP & RQ6 these days, probably because both systems are very different and offer polar experiences in game play.

Both Design Mechanism and Evil Hat (FATE) products practically exude creativity, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see a connection there. I'll have to look at the credits a bit more closely...

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I presume its a small world, and that this could be the Fred Hicks of FATE fame?

It is. Fred designed the core RQ6 layout template for us, and we've been using it as the signature style ever since, hence it still carries his name. Aside from that, Fred doesn't have anything else to do with Design Mechanism - although he's always been very helpful and supportive whenever I've had to ask him questions about content and marketing.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Hmmm now I see his name clearly in the RQ6 Core Rules, I don't know how I missed that the first time around.

Anyway, these are a great set of ship rules, its a pity they weren't included in the RQ6 Core Rules, at least the collectors edition or the new hardcover edition. Maybe an idea for the next edition perhpas.

Can't complain about the price of this pdf though, its certainly good value, it looks quite usable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...