• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lawrence.whitaker

lawrence.whitaker

Loz

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

We are releasing RQ6 in a much-reduced, introductory PDF edition called RuneQuest Essentials. Designed for those who want to try RuneQuest before migrating to the full rules, it offers a great way of getting to know one of the most celebrated roleplaying game systems out there.

What's more, RuneQuest Essentials is free. You can download it from www.thedesignmechanism.com/downloads (or via DrivethruRPG and our publisher page there). If you feel we're being overly generous, then there's a Donate button you can use to make a contribution of whatever you feel appropriate - or, at Drivethru, you can Pay What You Want.

What we want is for you to try RuneQuest. We'll be publishing an introductory scenario, Sariniya's Curse, very soon, and there's already a wealth of additional free material available on the Downloads page.

So if you've never tried RuneQuest before, there's no better time, and no better way, than with RuneQuest Essentials.
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of RuneQuest 6th Edition
www.thedesignmechanism.com

#2 Urizen

Urizen

Poseur Grog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

We are releasing RQ6 in a much-reduced, introductory PDF edition called RuneQuest Essentials. Designed for those who want to try RuneQuest before migrating to the full rules, it offers a great way of getting to know one of the most celebrated roleplaying game systems out there.

What's more, RuneQuest Essentials is free. You can download it from www.thedesignmechanism.com/downloads (or via DrivethruRPG and our publisher page there). If you feel we're being overly generous, then there's a Donate button you can use to make a contribution of whatever you feel appropriate - or, at Drivethru, you can Pay What You Want.

What we want is for you to try RuneQuest. We'll be publishing an introductory scenario, Sariniya's Curse, very soon, and there's already a wealth of additional free material available on the Downloads page.

So if you've never tried RuneQuest before, there's no better time, and no better way, than with RuneQuest Essentials.

I'm glad to hear of this. RQ6 is a pretty pricey book, and it's hard to get someone to drop cash on it without experience.

#3 Vile

Vile

• Members
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

We are releasing RQ6 in a much-reduced, introductory PDF edition called RuneQuest Essentials [...] is free.

Ooh, very nice! I need to get back to my computer right now.

#4 1d8+DB

1d8+DB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Thank you. At 200 pages that's a little more than your usual 'quickstart', Free RPG day giveaway.

#5 Michael Hopcroft

Michael Hopcroft

Your Tax Dollars at Play

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

If I go with the "Pay What You Like" option on DriveThru, which sorely tempts me, how much money would you prefer me to drop on you (given the comparison in size to the $25 PDF cover price of the main book)?

And if you say something like "If you have to ask, you can;t afford it!", I shall snicker.

#6 lawrence.whitaker

lawrence.whitaker

Loz

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:01 AM

If I go with the "Pay What You Like" option on DriveThru, which sorely tempts me, how much money would you prefer me to drop on you (given the comparison in size to the $25 PDF cover price of the main book)?

And if you say something like "If you have to ask, you can;t afford it!", I shall snicker.

Loaded question, Mr H...

Here's a suggestion. Download it for free on our website (www.thedesignmechanism.com/products), take a look, and then you decide how much you'd like to donate, and then use the Paypal Donate button to make whatever donation you feel is fair, justifiable, affordable and relative...

We're happy with whatever you're comfortable with - even if that's nothing at all... :)
The Design Mechanism: Publishers of RuneQuest 6th Edition
www.thedesignmechanism.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users