Holy warriors and divine magic

Hasseo66

I have just read through the rulebook and like this ruleset a lot :)

Having read the divine magic chapter Im not sure if cult rank holy warrior always have access to the the same divine spells that initiates do? Or do they only have access to the special spells listed under Holy warrior?

I'm pretty sure it's additive: Initiate spells are available to all higher ranks, including Holy Warrior.  For that matter, I think they can also take Priest spells; they're essentially priest-equivalents with martial duties.  Also, OpenQuest is loosely based on older RuneQuest rules in which Rune Lords slightly outranked Rune Priests.

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

From OpenQuest 2:

They may get Divine Magic that further enhances their ability to fight on the behalf of the cult. This is at unlimited Magnitude.

So presumably any spell available to Priests or Initiates is also available to them.

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG