BRP Cyberpunk

Baron

I picked up 'OGL Cybernet' as research, I also found a home made version of a William Gibson "Sprawl" type game.  One of these (OGL) is a d20 system, the other is done in Apocalypse World system where there is more role playing and less dice rolls.

I don't like d20 systems because they are based on levels and not skills (mostly) and I just can't get my arms around the other style.  I think replacing SAN with somekind of "net" skill, or something would work well.

Anyway I would appriciate any advice anyone that enjoys the genre could give.

MIXMIR

aka Eigeir

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

'River of Heaven' is made for BRP (OpenQuest version). The Sci Fi setting is interstellar rather than cyberpunk genre, but it has 'Augmentations' which covers cyberware, nanotechnology, etc. You could easily use it all for all cyberware if you alter it slightly - it's basically just a Powers system with sci-fi trappings instead of magical trappings. Nice and smooth to port over to any SciFi genre or setting, and will will work just as well with BRP BGB mechanics as it does with BRP MD100 SRD mechanics. An easy solution I would think.

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 11 months later...

Here's my homebrew:

The mentioned River of Heaven core book has BRP/D100 character generation rules Cyberware and Bioware enhancement rules, as it is designed to be usable in any sci-fi setting from Cyberpunk through to just before singularity. Check it out. It doesn't have enough Cyberwarfare for me so I am currently converting the excellent Hacking rules from the Infinity skirmish game into BRP.  I'm pretty much done and am at the playtest stage, but I don't know if I can post the link to my rules here because of copyright concerns.

I also plan to use the Cybergear supplement Atomik CyberTek, which is system-neutral and has loads of gear and enhancements in it. So those three rulesets comprise the system I'm putting together. There's also Atomik Psioniks if you want that in there. Pretty simple to convert anything to BRP/D100, really.

There is a great-looking Cyberpunk game from Gun Metal Games called Interface Zero 2.0. They have it for Fate and Savage Worlds, but setting material -- of which they have several volumes -- is of course rules-neutral. It's set in 2090 so should be an updated take (I like Cyberpunk 202, but it's dated, they have printers and no wireless, it's 80s as other posters mentioned).

This convo has moved to the other Cyberpunk thread linked above.

Edited by Ganaud