After The Vampire Wars?

TrippyHippy

I was having a quick browse on the Chaosium catalogue, when I noticed a BRP banner featuring various supplements like Blood Tide, Mythic Iceland and Enlightened Magic…..and another title I hadn’t seen before: 

"After the Vampire Wars”

http://www.chaosium.com/basic-roleplaying/   (scroll to the bottom to see the advert banner)

The picture looked like a gothic urban fantasy of some type…..anybody got a clue about this as a potential upcoming release?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Gollum said:

Just a question... Does After the Vampire Wars use the Big Golden Book rules or the coming Basic Essentials ones?

The version currently being sold by Chaosium, if it's the same one I bought last summer, is based on Big Gold Book + Enlightened Magic, but it is heavy on setting notes, medium to light on rules, and light on stats. So it would be VERY easy to use it with any RPG, D100 or not.

I suspect After the Vampire Wars will be rewritten a little after the new Basic Essentials rules come out, and packaged with same, but that's a decision for Chaosium.

From what I can tell, the new Basic Essentials is not out yet and has not been used in any existing product. Last I heard, a new version of Mythic Iceland was going to be the first such product.

Thank you very much for that answer ... Like you, I think it will be very easy to use with the new BRP essentials rules as soon as they will be published out ... And because it is based on the Big Golden Book, it can be used right now! It was the best choice to make!

Edited by Gollum

It looks like the print version is now available via the Chaosium website for $23.95, but still no sign of the PDF or I'd be interested in snagging both of them:

http://www.chaosium.com/after-the-vampire-wars/

(Incidentally, why doesn't Chaosium offer a Print + PDF bundle for each new release - or at least an option to subscribe to upcoming products as they are released?)

10 hours ago, Prime Evil said:

It looks like the print version is now available via the Chaosium website for $23.95, but still no sign of the PDF or I'd be interested in snagging both of them:

http://www.chaosium.com/after-the-vampire-wars/

(Incidentally, why doesn't Chaosium offer a Print + PDF bundle for each new release - or at least an option to subscribe to upcoming products as they are released?)

I think they are still recovering from the loss 7e engendered with its kickstarter...so they are squeezing every penny.

If you buy the After the Vampire Wars book on the website, and then email me with your order number I will email you the PDF for free.

With all respect due to the book, we only have so much time in the day, and so much resources to spend on it. It is standing in a long line of far bigger problems, issues, projects, and priorities, and that's all there is to it.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

12 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

If you buy the After the Vampire Wars book on the website, and then email me with your order number I will email you the PDF for free.

With all respect due to the book, we only have so much time in the day, and so much resources to spend on it. It is standing in a long line of far bigger problems, issues, projects, and priorities, and that's all there is to it.

Absolutely that is understood.

Will Chaosium be participating in the Bits and Mortar program.  As I prefer to buy this at my FGLS...shipping from Chaosium is a killer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2016 at 3:29 PM, Rick Meints said:

Kafka,

We are in the process of setting up bits and mortar. For this title though, I think you will be waiting at least 6-9 months before it gets to FLGS.

SIgh, I know but shipping and exchange rate kills me.