Intro

sgates248

I just discovered this forum and I am excited as hell that I found it.

Next month (December 2014) I am slated to start running my first Stormbringer campaign. I've run/played other systems on and off for the last 30+ years but have never played this game. I came across a PDF of the 1st edition rules and I'm loving it. I love Michael Moorcock and can't wait to give this game a whirl.

There seems to be some contention regarding what edition of the rules people like to use. I chose 1st edition because my favorite editions of AD&D are 1st and 2nd so I figured I'd go with the earliest here as well. I can always move to another edition later if I want. I've been playing Dungeon Crawl Classics as of late and really like it but there is something about these rules that draws me to them.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum. I can't wait to read through some posts and get my campaign started.

Also, does anyone know why the PDFs are no longer for sale on RPGNow and DriveThruRPG? At least I couldn't find them...maybe I missed something.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, sgates!

Everyone has an edition or version they prefer over others. You'll notice that a lot of folks here pull bits and pieces from different versions and different games to fit their needs.

I personally prefer Magic World but also pull bits from others as well as make a little of my own material.

I'm not sure about the PDF troubles you're experiencing but license changes hands, comes and goes...

If you post what you're looking for I'm sure one of these great members can point you in the right direction.

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Awesome thanks! Sorry I wasn't clear. I am looking for the various Stormbringer editions in PDF form. I found 1st edition but would like to take a look at the others as well. If I'm not mistaken, they were available on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG a few years ago but are not there anymore.

If I recall correctly, earlier this year, Mongoose Publishing lost the rights to Stormbringer/Elric! material and the content was pulled from DTRPG/RPGNow. This was their own published content, as well the older editions produced by Chaosium.

There's at least one thread in this forum discussing it. Dig around. You'll also find some posts on Mongoose's forum about it.

What K Peterson said. Unfortunately it appears he who owns the rights (you know who you are) is not able to or does not care to provide these materials... currently. These things tend to change.. often.

I mentioned Magic World earlier and might point you in that direction, as it is a pretty good reboot.

It’s heavily based on the Elric!/Stormbringer 5e rules.

I know this isn't the news you were hoping for but at least you have a solid (and in my opinion awesome ) alternative.

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects