Proofreaders needed

clarence

As BRP Starships hopefully is making the transit to print-on-demand soon, most of the text needs proofreading. I would like to do this myself, but as my Read/Write (English) is not good enough, I just can't. I need help.

In total there's 116 pages, and about 100 pages with text. There is one volunteer already, and with a couple of more the work should be quite brisk.

Anyone interested?

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

Hey Clarence,

As much as I want to contribute I don't have the time unfortunately. However, I REALLY look forward to reading this when you get it finished.

Best of luck with it,

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Ok, thanks! Time is always too short to squeeze in everything… I appreciate your support.

While many Swedes speak reasonably good English, it's surprisingly difficult to find people here knowing it good enough for proofreading.

Anyone else interested?

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

Excellent! Are you comfortable with annotating a pdf or do you want some other file format?

I'm not comfortable with annotating a PDF but I can give it a try. I'm supposed to be a fairly bright guy, so I should be able to figure it out, right? If I can't figure it out, I'll let you know. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Thank you Dennis! I'm very grateful.

@Atgxtg: The free Acrobat Reader has a quite good annotation function you can access through the View menu. Give it a try if you want to, or we'll find some other way. Tired librarian is starting from page 1 - how about you start at page 50 (even though you wrote some of the text yourself…)?

BTW, I love proofreading the art. Much easier than the text. 

I wish more jobs were like that.

And please continue with the suggestions. "Flavor" (or "some character" as Tired Librarian called it…) might be good in small doses, but not too much I think.

I wish more jobs were like that.

And please continue with the suggestions. "Flavor" (or "some character" as Tired Librarian called it…) might be good in small doses, but not too much I think.

It's stuff like port and starboard instead of left and right. Nothing that will complicate anything, but can certainly make the ships feel more like ships.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be very good! Let me just check with Atgxtg how many pages he's done. I know Tired Librarian has about 20 pages to go, so I'm sure there will be at least something for you.

Thanks for offering your help. Very appreciated.