Investigator Weapons volume 2 for modern Call of Cthulhu now available

Gundamentalist

Sixtystone Press's last release of 2014 is Investigator Weapons, volume 2 Modern Day.

IW2 is now on sale at DriveThruRPG and RPGNow in PDF form: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4306&affiliate_id=383614. POD format will follow shortly and then a traditional print run.

IW2 covers  iconic, common and less-common weapons found in service yesterday, today and tomorrow for use by Investigators, armed authorities and the cultists they hunt. IW2 is ideal for any Cthulhu Now, Delta Green and Laundry game, or any other contemporary-set BRP or D100 game.

IW2 is Hans-Christian Vortisch's follow-up to his masterly Investigator Weapons, volume 1 1920s. IW2 presents variant stats for all of the covered weapons, and IW2 also summarises weapons rules from all editions of Call of Cthulhu including seventh edition, as well as Basic Role-playing games such as Delta Green and The Laundry, as well as providing optional rules for enhanced play.

We are offering IW2 for $7.99 until 7 Jan 2014, after which it goes back to $14.99. Click the following link for the discount:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.php?discount=94f55a1dbd

Here are some pages from the PDF:

Cover_Investigator_Weapons_2_v1.jpg
Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_047.jpg
Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_031.jpg
Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_050.jpg
Investigator_Weapons_2_v1_Page_075.jpg

• Like 1

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief | Sixtystone Press Limited

I recently picked up and read vol 1 and was very pleased with the detail and treatment. These kind of specialty writeups are unfortunatly overall missing with BRP/CoC/RQ so it was very nice to have this available. This author did a great job with his GURPS weapons and martial right ups and i'm glad to see that same thoroughness has carried over.

I picked up vol 2 and scanned through it. I printed the weapons tables at the end of the book to give them an overview and i noticed the FN-FAL wasnt present, but no biggee, this is just a comment and not a complaint ( for a quick glance, i generally look at the M16, FN-FAL and AK47). Thanks for putting these volumes out, good stuff and a good purchase.

(Now if someone were to do something like this for medieval weapons)

(Now if someone were to do something like this for medieval weapons)

Thanks for the kind words chaps. The lack of FN-FAL and variants comes down to page count and personal preferences really, but mostly page count.

Hans has delivered the WW2 volume for all those Achtung! Cthulhu and World War Cthulhu fans, and is working on the Gaslight volume, which will cover colonial and wild west as well 19th century Europe and East Coast US.

I've considered Cthulhu Invictus and Cthulhu Dark Ages volumes of the Investigator Weapons series but they would be much shorter volumes. There is only so much detail you can work into "gladius" or "scramsax". But I'd love to hear your thoughts on the viability and content of any CI or CDA volumes.

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief | Sixtystone Press Limited

I've considered Cthulhu Invictus and Cthulhu Dark Ages volumes of the Investigator Weapons series but they would be much shorter volumes. There is only so much detail you can work into "gladius" or "scramsax". But I'd love to hear your thoughts on the viability and content of any CI or CDA volumes.

Perhaps "Investigator Weapons X: Olde Tyme Weapons"... or some such. A single volume that handles CI/CDA era up thru 18thC?

SDLeary

Well, i would definiltey pick it up and it would probably be easier to combine both as mentioned above.

I like the additional detail and insight your gun volumes bring, then applying a system to it. Like shooting under water and round penetration. Your example in vol 1 of the .22 round going thru 10cm of dry pine is a good visual  (I actually remember as a young adult shooting my 22 thru 2x4's and looking thru the hole). So this type of information carried over to pre-modern melee weapons, would only be more goodness from you guys... and would work well with tomahawks like if a certain game called colonial cthullhu were to be released, hint hint ahem ;)

Besides the stats, some good topics could be like various weapons types vs various armor, ie, bludgeon weapon vs certain armor as oppossed to an impaling or slasthing weapon against that same armor, what's the difference. Or the theory of slashing vs impaling... more strength generated from a swing vs a thrust. Then maybe some discussion on the quality of ingredients and weapon quality,  like damascus steel and where was ore retrieved from or maybe it was the overall process.

Anyway, these are just examples. Keep up the good work.

Besides the stats, some good topics could be like various weapons types vs various armor, ie, bludgeon weapon vs certain armor as oppossed to an impaling or slasthing weapon against that same armor, what's the difference. Or the theory of slashing vs impaling... more strength generated from a swing vs a thrust. Then maybe some discussion on the quality of ingredients and weapon quality,  like damascus steel and where was ore retrieved from or maybe it was the overall process.

I devote a few hundred words to Damascended steel in an upcoming book. It's by no means comprehensive, but it does give an overview.

• Like 1