I host an RPG group here in Downtown Vallejo. We play at the Hub, the local Oddfellow's Hall at 350 Georgia off of Highway 29. The gaming group now meets second and fourth Saturdays from 12 pm to 4 pm. I use the sixth edition rules of Runequest. I usually run something based in that system, whether Monster Island, Glorantha or some other BRP related product. I also would really like to run The Great Pendragon Campaign for Pendragon, roleplayimg in the times of King Arthur. Another one which I would like to run again is Beyond the Mountains of Madness, mythos explorations of the Antarctic. Or Horror on the Orient Express, another Call of Cthulhu campaign. I am a competent gamemaster and have no trouble teaching beginners or running large groups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the invitation. Do you have a consistent group of players from session to session? Any advice on building consistency of players? We tend to have a fair amount of turn over, but I have only been leading the group for a little less than a year. I have mostly been using BRP with some rules draws from Runequest 6e.

We have a small core of consistent games and other who come in and out at times.

If I could give any advice it is to support your local game store when possible.. Yes it cheaper on Amazon , but Amazon does not give you a place to play or network.. Even if my game store does not have something in stock , I give them a chance to order it first before I order on line. Beside Amazon evil and is an arm of Krasht but that another story.

Also Im willing to change thing in Glorantha at times for my players. For example one of my player really wanted to play a wizard while the rest are Orlanthi. So I don't have my Orlanthi going around burning Wizards at the Stake As I don't want half the party trying to kill the other half.

• Like 1

Unfortunately we do not have a Friendly Neighborhood Game Store here in Vallejo.  We have one bookstore, which just recently opened, for a city of 112 thousand.  I think there's an educational materials and book store, and maybe a couple of religious bookstores, lots of churches, but no game stores and no comic stores etc.  My closest Game Store is a thirty minute drive, and true, I could play there, but I am trying to start something local, with local people, and also get people into the hobby for the first time.  So count your blessings that you do have a game store.

I agree Amazon.com is evil.  I order directly from Chaosium, or elsewhere when needed.  Anyhow, cheers.

• Like 1

Unfortunately we do not have a Friendly Neighborhood Game Store here in Vallejo.  We have one bookstore, which just recently opened, for a city of 112 thousand.  I think there's an educational materials and book store, and maybe a couple of religious bookstores, lots of churches, but no game stores and no comic stores etc.  My closest Game Store is a thirty minute drive, and true, I could play there, but I am trying to start something local, with local people, and also get people into the hobby for the first time.  So count your blessings that you do have a game store.

I agree Amazon.com is evil.  I order directly from Chaosium, or elsewhere when needed.  Anyhow, cheers.i

I Drive a little over thirty miles now to my game Store here( GMI games in Chino) I do have a Barnes in Noble about three miles from here but no real book store. And my comic book store just sells Comic and action figures plus Pokémon cards last time I checked a few years ago. We have two nice educational stores nearby  which I have picked up some dinosaurs and various toobs and other plastic animals for gaming though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The RPG Game Day will be meeting first and third Sundays of the month, from 11 am to 4 pm, at the Hub, the old Oddfellow's Hall in Downtown Vallejo at 350 Georgia Street off of Highway 29, California, 94590  Contact me if you want to join.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RPG Game Day at the Hub in Downtown Vallejo is the name of our group on meetup.com. We will be switching our meeting time from second and fourth Saturdays of the month to second and fourth Sundays. We meet from 11am to 4 pm. Right now we are playing out adventures from The Spider God's Bride using RQ6 rules. If you ever want to run games at the Hub contact me.

• 2 weeks later...