Getting the word out

skarl

C'mon guys. You could at least toss the page some "likes" :)

I already liked the page. Btw - nice job! I think Chaosium offers something like a quick start guide for Magic World. Maybe it would be a good idea to link to it on the Facebook page?

By the way guys check out my home brew rules for free style magic Magic World style. I would love to get your thoughts!

Best,

Ronnie

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 3 weeks later...

I think convincing people to change their game from DnD/Pathfinder to BRP is like trying to persuade Windows users to install and run Linux on their computers. I think BRP is better, so do most of you I guess, but the majority play a different game (I run Linux too - I love it, why don't you change your operating system?). Nonetheless, we've all stumbled upon BRP and its variants in our own way and found our gaming better for it. This website is a fantastic resource for all d100 games. Hopefully, anyone with an interest in straying from the path of Pathfinder may eventually find their way here. Not sure how much we can persuade people to do that except by maintaining our visible interest and enthusiasm for the game, especially on this site.

I quite agree, Questbird, I don't see a point in trying to convert anyone from one game to another, however there are a lot of people out there looking for games to play and that are receptive to advice. That is my point, to encourage people to give BRP/RuneQuest/Magic World a try that aren't already into another system or that might give another game a try here and there, but not wholesale conversion from another game, that never is a good policy.

But, when at the last the arm of Skarl shall cease to beat his drum, silence shall startle Pegana like thunder in a cave, and MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI shall cease to rest......Lord Dunsany

Responsible for: https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/

My objective is not necessarily conversion as much as educating. I played several systems for YEARS B4 I was introduced to the fluffy goodness that is BRP.

With so many different games flooding the market, and free retro-clones available for free, I just Hope to find others that are possibly like I was. Ignorant of this great option.

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Yeah, I don't think it's about conversion so much as establishing more of a presence... just basic promotion and boosterism.

Running some demo games over on Roll20 wouldn't hurt.

I've been playing in a number of short campaigns over there and it's a great way to check out a new system/setting.

It's not perfect, it doesn't replace face-to-face games, but so far I'm enjoying it and I've had a chance to play a bunch of games no one I know locally is running... DnD 5e, CoC 7e, Dungeon Crawl Classics.

The site seems oriented towards DnD (of course...) but it seems to work well with just about anything. I know there is a working CoC character sheet on there... I'm doubting there's one for Magic World but it shouldn't be too hard to make one, I'm not sure if there is a cost for folks wanting to create that sort of content (seems odd they'd charge someone for expanding the tools of their site).

There's also the option of running Magic World games online in Google Hangouts. I've been in several games on there and they've been great. There's even a group that runs an online gaming convention, Contessa.

Are there any good one-shot adventures that would spotlight the strengths of MW?