Best Sci-Fi Books

Well, I just ordered Outpost 61, Rubble and Ruin, and Mission to Epsilon. So although I can't review them yet, they must look good to me! But for immediate BRP SF gratification, you should check out the Downloads section of this site! BRP Starships, BRP Cybernetics, BRP 40K Conversion, there's some fine material here!

• Like 1

I ordered BRP Mecha and Operation Ulysses from the blow-out sale and am supposed to be receiving Mission to Epsilon as well.  I'll let you know what I think once I have a chance to peruse them.

I already own Outpost 19.  It is a logical expansion of the Futureworld premise and provides a tantalizing array of background bits that a GM could easily use to create a campaign.  The scenario itself (without giving away any spoilers) is pretty harsh.  After reading it through a couple times, I couldn't see any group I've gamed with figuring out the mystery and coming out ahead.  So ... well worth it for the background material, especially if you've already got your hands on Futureworld (which you can find free to download online).  The adventure could be an enjoyable one if you've got really clever players or they've got really tough characters.

• Like 1

For a one-stop solution, I would say River of Heaven. It is probably the most complete sci-fi rules at the moment. The setting is transhumanist but that's easy to drop if you want to. I enjoyed Cthulhu Rising as well - hard sci-fi taking a leaf from the Aliens movies. And you can always check out my own BRP Starships : )

• Like 2

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

I have a few, Outpost 19, BRP Mecha, Operation Ulysses, Swords of Cydoria and Mission to Epsilon. I love Outpost 19 because it's simple and based off Future World. Swords of Cydoria is an awesome, fully-loaded setting, though more fantasy/sci-fi. The others I've only read, but they also look great. But they all come from a different angle, so it depends on what kind of sci-fi you're looking for. Outpost, Opereration and Epsilon probably work well together.

• Like 2