What has happened to Alephtar catalog?

Claudius

As the title says.

Yesterday I went to Alephtar games site (I have been fighting against myself not to buy Winds on the Steppes, it is a question of time that I will end upcaving in), and to my surprise all the historical supplements are gone. :huh: What's going on? Does it have anything to do with Paolo's plans to publish his own 1d100 system? And the most important, will the historicals be available for sale again?

Thank you, kind regards

Edited by Claudius

Grając zaś w grę komputerową, być może zdarzyło się wam zapragnąć zejść z wyznaczonej przez autorów ścieżki i, miast zabić smoka i ożenić się z księżniczką, zabić księżniczkę i ożenić się ze smokiem.

Indeed! A search for title brings up the blog announcement by Charlie when it was first offered: http://www.chaosium.com/blog/wind-on-the-steppes/ but nothing else.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Well, I'm glad I got mine when I did :-)

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

I see with immense pleasure that people on these boards are less incline to uninformed speculation on this subject than the average rpg.net user. Another point in favour of BRP Central. However, since I have received private inquiries, I imagine that it is better to post an official response to the above questions.

According to the terms of our license, Chaosium can still sell the books we sent them originally, and a limited (but not small) amount of PDFs of all Alephtar titles. However, it is up to Chaosium to decide whether to offer or not a given item on its web shop.

Alephtar can no longer offer items with a Chaosium trademark on them.

I think this should explain the situation in full.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Guest Vile Traveller

Well, all I can say is I can't wait for Christmas and R100 (or whatever the name may come to be). I keep missing the opportunity to get my hands on Merrie England. :(