The Revolution D100 crowdfunding is live

RosenMcStern

Guest Vile Traveller

Give me a minute. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I should have posted this here:

Would you consider adding a funding level for Print + PDF of Revolution D100 plus PDF of Merrie England: Robyn Hoode? Between Undercover Revolutionary and True Revolutionary?

Also, what's the difference between Merrie England and Merry England: Robyn Hoode? If I get ME:RH do I still need ME? Is there a new ME? Or is ME:RH the new ME?

Edited by Vile

Curious if anyone state-side is having trouble funding the project. I've been given an error notification a half dozen times so far when attempting to use either Paypal or a credit card. Let me know if you've discovered a work around.

Cheers,

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Curious if anyone state-side is having trouble funding the project. I've been given an error notification a half dozen times so far when attempting to use either Paypal or a credit card. Let me know if you've discovered a work around.

Cheers,

I had an error message when trying to pay via Paypal ("invalid transaction"), but got a payment with a credit card to go fine.

There seemed to be an issue about needing to verify my shipping address first, but that might have been unrelated.

I had that problem as well, but I managed to get through by clicking different areas of the screen. I think after you put in your country and date of birth, you have to click "Update your information below" (which is above the update fields) and then you get a green bar down at the bottom that says "Update" with a right arrow (this is from memory, so I've probably got the names of the buttons wrong). 

I have contacted the Ulule crew about these issues. It is not my first campaign with Ulule, so know for sure that PayPal does work.
Could you please give me the nicks you used on Ulule so that I can help the technical assistance identify the issues?
Please also read Aelwyn's suggestion, this might be the answer to some of the issues.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Already pledged. I had the same problem with an error when I selected PayPal as my payment method, but I went ahead and did the credit card thing (even though I try to avoid that nowadays) and voila! One more bonefide pledge, at your service.

Good luck on the rest of the project. I'll be looking forward to the finished product with evil laughter and a sinister gleam in my eyes– wait, I mean joyous laughter and a mischievous gleam in my eyes...

...eh, close enough. :)

Thank you for being our first Utopian, Lord Sephleon.

I wasn't going to say anything about that part (silent forum lurker that I am), but no problem at all. You and Alephtar Games have provided such excellent products that I really wanted to help make sure we get this Revolution going, so I'm all in. :)

• Like 1

Give me a minute. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I should have posted this here:

Would you consider adding a funding level for Print + PDF of Revolution D100 plus PDF of Merrie England: Robyn Hoode? Between Undercover Revolutionary and True Revolutionary?

Also, what's the difference between Merrie England and Merry England: Robyn Hoode? If I get ME:RH do I still need ME? Is there a new ME? Or is ME:RH the new ME?

Merrie England has has several incarnations:

Merrie England: Age of Eleanor - MRQ and was a basic Medieval England supplement which went out of print when Mongoose lost the RuneQuest licence.

Merrie England: Age of Chivalry - BRP and included all of ME:AoE plus a lot more (Guilds, The Afterlife, Ranks of Demons, Fairy Village Campaign) which went out of print when Alephtar could not renew the BRP licence

Merrie England:Robyn Hode - RD100 will include most of ME:AoE as a core, together with some of the extra stuff from ME:AoC, but with a different campaign with a Robyn Hode focus, new rules for different contests (Archery, Wrestling, Music in addition to the Jousting rules), a lot of scenario hooks and short writeups of people from the area surrounding Sherwood Forest.

In future, if all goes well, I plan on having a number of Merrie England follow-ups, with Merrie England: Age of Crusade and ME:Heaven and Hell containing some of ME:AoC but with a lot more detail and different campaigns.

So, if you buy ME:Age of Chivalry then between a third and a half will be replicated in Robyn Hode, simply because this is a new incarnation of the setting.However, between half and two-thirds will be new material. Even the old material will be repackaged and rewritten to take into account the RD100 ruleset.

I would have liked to have a core Merrie England supplement, covering basic Medieval English life, with different supplements covering different areas, but it hasn't quite happened that way. Age of Chivalry was a number of planned supplements bundled together with the core supplement. Robyn Hode strips some of the bundled supplements away, allowing them to be used in future, but expands the Robyn Hode setting and campaign.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

I really would like to participate, but reading the Ulule Terms of Use is insane. They're over 80000 characters long (excluding whitespace and punctuation), more than four times the length of Kickstarter Terms and Conditions! I can't understand how any of you guys were able to complete the mandatory registration, since it requires you to read through the terms. You all read through them, right?

Of course not. We are roleplayers, we are used to ignoring the useless parts of a text.

LOL! Perfect.

Thanks for working with the Paypal folk! I was able to fund without an error message this morning! 

Cheers, mate and here's to great things!

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Guest Vile Traveller

Merrie England:Robyn Hode - RD100 will include most of ME:AoE as a core, together with some of the extra stuff from ME:AoC, but with a different campaign with a Robyn Hode focus, new rules for different contests (Archery, Wrestling, Music in addition to the Jousting rules), a lot of scenario hooks and short writeups of people from the area surrounding Sherwood Forest.

In future, if all goes well, I plan on having a number of Merrie England follow-ups, with Merrie England: Age of Crusade and ME:Heaven and Hell containing some of ME:AoC but with a lot more detail and different campaigns.

Everything will just have to go well then, won't it?  ^_^

Oh, you know about that one time Robyn went to Europe and had adventures with William Tell, right? That's going to be the inspiration for another supplement, right?

Everything will just have to go well then, won't it?  ^_^

Oh, you know about that one time Robyn went to Europe and had adventures with William Tell, right? That's going to be the inspiration for another supplement, right?

Who needs William Tell when we already have William of Cloudsley? He shot an apple off his son's head at 60 paces. 

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Age of Chivalry was a number of planned supplements bundled together with the core supplement. Robyn Hode strips some of the bundled supplements away, allowing them to be used in future, but expands the Robyn Hode setting and campaign.

I think this is a very sensible choice. I felt that Age of Chivalry was at the same time too much and too little. And I look forward to the Robyn Hode campaign. 

So...  I really believe a short PDF sample of what you have thus far would go a long way to selling this across the RPG verse. Generally people are more willing to back something if they can see some work completed. Do you have anything like this? Would you be willing to polish up something and put a link to it on the Ulule project page?

• Like 1

Trentin C Bergeron

Bard, Creative, & RPG Enthusiast