The Revolution D100 crowdfunding is live

RosenMcStern

At present, you have the 2013 version of the rules, released as "Parpuzio game system" v0.5. Some parts will remain the same in the final manuscript, some will not. I think this is already enough to give you a good idea about the game. More important, it tells you that there has been a lot of effort put into it before going fully public.

I have not prepared a "PR-oriented" summary of the rules, like the previews we usually release before publishing a book. At this stage, direct interaction with the writer team is available to everyone, and having three people who can answer questions is better than reading a captivating PDF, IMO. In a few days I will also have a Q&A on rpg.net, as Dan has already invited me to have one.

So the bottom line is that the current strategy is "Discussion, not announcements". Anyone should feel free to come and ask. We will try to reply as best as we can. In some cases (Like simlasa's question in the other thread) the reply will be "we will address this more clearly during the campaign", but nevertheless we will try to eventually address every question, discuss with supporters and would-be supporters.

And above all, we will try to listen.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I'll admit that it's very tempting to write for Revolution. I'm very curious about the conflict resolution system and I think it could really add some interesting new dimensions to BRP. 

I will look out for the new thread in Hype Machine tomorrow!

Oh, and I posted a blurb about the crowd-funding at rollspel.se, the biggest rpg site here in Sweden. Let's hope it attracts a couple of BRP heads. 

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

I like the three principles. Very modern, and yet perfectly compatible with traditional tastes,
Procedures (as opposed to resolution mechanics) are an often overlooked aspect of game systems.

One of the reasons Basic D&D (especially BECMI) was such a great gateway game is that it had very neat procedures, as opposed to AD&D1, which was a complete mess.

I read the new post on conflicts with a big smile on my face Paolo! A few weeks ago I expanded my own system for social conflicts into something very similar. When I looked at my writing, I thought: "This might be what Revolution will be like. I'll wait and see what Paolo's come up with..."

I think it's a brilliant move to have, in essence, all characteristics as "hit points" for different types of conflicts. It opens up a range of possibilities for creative playing and gives renewed meaning to the characteristics. I can't wait to playtest this!

In my system it also made picking a "hit point" value for static opposition very easy: Normal difficulty 11, Easy 6-ish, Hard 16-ish. Very quick. 

• Like 2

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

The last update about characteristics, skills and sequences is clearer than the Parpuzio draft, which lacks an explanation of the principles. You shall include it (or a short version) into the Revolution D100 draft.

The concept is excellent.

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

Oh, and I posted a blurb about the crowd-funding at rollspel.se, the biggest rpg site here in Sweden. Let's hope it attracts a couple of BRP heads. 

I did the same on pandapirate.net in France. I'll look for more.

Does anybody know German forums ?

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

I'm in. And as I understand it, that buys me the right to make little nit-picky suggestions... (As a little aside, in my line of work we often say that no motivation is as strong in a human as the desire to edit what someone else has written -- I fear that I may have just paid money for the opportunity to make editorial comments -- this is a great business model.)  :-)  

But seriously, for those of us with minor comments, where should they be directed?

I have started a thread over at RPG.net about Revolution and mentioned Paolo might show up to answer questions. My humble suggestion is that we all help out to keep that thread as active as possible : )