Upcoming Glorantha publications (Old thread 2015-2022)

Steve

The Glorantha Classics Line has lots of new art inside. In Griffin Mountain, the citadels are drawn from the outside, etc The extra stuff is lots of snippets of the Nomad Gods board game in Borderlands and Beyond, for example.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

I really like having the Gloranthan Classics collected in hardcover compendiums, they are so much better in my  bookcase. RQ Classic Edition will sit nicely alongside hem.

I hope the Pavis & Big Rubble book is available in printed form again, as I have the others in my collection but not that one ( I have all of them as PDFs).

I would like to see a volume devoted to the Uz, which could reprint RQ2 Trollpak and perhaps add the RQ3 Troll Scenarios

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

1 hour ago, Mankcam said:

I really like having the Gloranthan Classics collected in hardcover compendiums, they are so much better in my  bookcase. RQ Classic Edition will sit nicely alongside hem.

I hope the Pavis & Big Rubble book is available in printed form again, as I have the others in my collection but not that one ( I have all of them as PDFs).

I would like to see a volume devoted to the Uz, which could reprint RQ2 Trollpak and perhaps add the RQ3 Troll Scenarios

Could well be wrong, but weren't the RQ3 troll scenarios both originally part of troll pak rq2 anyway? 

1 hour ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Could well be wrong, but weren't the RQ3 troll scenarios both originally part of troll pak rq2 anyway? 

Quite a lot of them were. Both Into the Troll Realms and Haunted Ruins are there in RQ2 Troll Pak, but I think in both cases there was content added. As was in Troll Gods. But I also think that - apart from stat blocks - the additional material wouldn't make up much more than a single volume of one of the scenario booklets, if that much. One might want to toss in all troll related data from the Gloranthan Bestiary and the missing cults added in Troll Gods to complete it.

It might be fun to publish a color or font coded unified version of all the Kyger Litor long cult write-ups frpm the RQ3 era in a single document, Argrath Saga-style like (with its Northern and Southern versions). All of those together fill at least another RQ3 era booklet.

I like the expansion of Glorantha material advancing the time-line, but I would also love to see in-depth treatment of areas outside of the regions detailed right now. A decent Beast Rider Pack would be a welcome first in the publication history of Glorantha - hardly anything has been published for the lands away from the River of Cradles since Nomad Gods, except for some gazetteer material spread over fanzines that (or at least the canonical part thereof) made its way into the Guide.

And I am restricting enough of my Storm Soul waiting for more material on the Holy Country. (And for me getting my stuff set there done, too...)

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

9 hours ago, Mankcam said:

As I have said, it is very unlikely that Gloranthan Classic Volume 1: Pavis & Big Rubble will get reprinted again, especially in Hardcover. I had it for sale for 7 years. Sorry.

TrollPak is getting reprinted as part of the RuneQuest Classic line.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On March 2, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

With the RQ2 line being reprinted after the successful Kickstarter, how does that affect the Gloranthan Classic reprints? Is there even a need now? 

If you want to buy Griffin Mountain, the Cult Compendium, or Borderlands and Beyond, they are for sale on Gloranthan.com as printed books. All 4 volumes are available as PDFs.

There are no plans to do any more Gloranthan Classics volumes. It's been that way since 2005, when the last one came out.

That said, we are reprinting all of the Gloranthan RQ2 products as part of the RuneQuest Classic series, and then we are very likely to do likewise with RQ3.

• Like 2

Hope that Helps,

17 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

That said, we are reprinting all of the Gloranthan RQ2 products as part of the RuneQuest Classic series, and then we are very likely to do likewise with RQ3.

Cool. Will the RQ3 era supplements have new art and will the stats blocks be for RQ3 or the new RQ game?

What is the status of The Coming Storm (Red Cow vol 1)? I haven't heard anything concrete about it since a blog post on Moon Design's site (about its cover being ready) way back when. I sure hope it hasn't been put on a long hold (because of all the RQ2 reprints) - or worse yet, abandoned (suffering the fate of Adventures in Glorantha, *sad panda*). Please tell me it's still being released and preferably soonish (like in 3-4 months).

1 hour ago, Lurking Grue said:

What is the status of The Coming Storm (Red Cow vol 1)? I haven't heard anything concrete about it since a blog post on Moon Design's site (about its cover being ready) way back when. I sure hope it hasn't been put on a long hold (because of all the RQ2 reprints) - or worse yet, abandoned (suffering the fate of Adventures in Glorantha, *sad panda*). Please tell me it's still being released and preferably soonish (like in 3-4 months).

I don't believe I'm speaking out of turn when I say that Volume 1 of The Coming Storm has finished layout.

Unless I dreamed it, there was a post somewhere (I'll try and find the source) saying that The Coming Storm (the first book) had gone to print.

Edit - ah, it was in the thread linked above from G+, where Ian Cooper said " The Coming Storm, Book I of the Red Cow is ready to go to the printers. " So not gone to print, but almost ...

Edited by Steve

13 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

While I'm unsurprised about your RQ3 statement, it did send a shiver of horror through me that another generation could be exposed to Daughters of Darkness and Eldorad. I realise there are other non-gloranthan RQ3 supplements (I enjoyed playing monster coliseum, Vikings and land of ninja), but those two were poor by any standard. 

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

17 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Will the reprints of the RQ3 line be conversions for the new Runequest Glorantha? I'm thinking of the Runequest Glorantha Renaissance material from RQ3.

It seems that having 2 "classic lines" could confuse the product line for Runequest, particulary when you are about to bring out the new Ultimate edition RQ Glorantha :)

Edited by Paid a bod yn dwp

2 minutes ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Will the reprints of the RQ3 line be conversions for the new Runequest Glorantha? I'm thinking of the Runequest Glorantha Renaissance material from RQ3.

Straight reprints (implying no changes, other than perhaps typos corrected) were what was promised by the RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter, and which is well under way. So I'd be amazed if anything changed from that.

My understanding is that Moon Design holds ownership of RuneQuest and Glorantha. So they own the rights to all versions of RQ. Chaosium is technically a licencee. Hence my DoD concern. 

-----

11 minutes ago, Steve said:

Straight reprints (implying no changes, other than perhaps typos corrected) were what was promised by the RuneQuest Classic Kickstarter, and which is well under way. So I'd be amazed if anything changed from that.

I meant the Runequest 3 material, which wasn't included in the classic Kickstarter. 

24 minutes ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

I meant the Runequest 3 material, which wasn't included in the classic Kickstarter. 

Doh! Sorry, of course you did, I'm an idiot.

That's a *lot* more work compared to a relatively simple reprint of scanned RQ3 material, though.

49 minutes ago, David Scott said:

My understanding is that Moon Design holds ownership of RuneQuest and Glorantha. So they own the rights to all versions of RQ. Chaosium is technically a licencee. Hence my DoD concern. 

According to Rick, Chaosium don't own the RQ3 Gateway products, which is the category that I thought DoD, Eldarad etc came under:

Chaosium owns the copyright on RQ3 Gloranthan publications as well, but not RQ3 Gateway. 

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

According to Rick, Chaosium don't own the RQ3 Gateway products, which is the category that I thought DoD, Eldarad etc came under:

And wouldn't you know it, I was wrong. I always thought that was the case, but I then did something very simple. I looked at each of the RQ3 books and you will see, without exception, that they are all Copyrighted by Chaosium. Even Eldarad is copyright 1990 by Chaosium, Inc. Thus, we do have the rights to all of the Chaosium/Avalon Hill material...

• Like 3

Hope that Helps,