Magic World Encounter Generator

skoll

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the general availability of the Magic World Encounter Generator!

Those familiar with the RQ6 Encounter Generator can jump right in at http://ouropa.planeetta.com/rq_tools/mw_enemygen/

For the rest, here's a brief introduction. Magic World Encounter Generator is a tool designed to help MW GM's to quickly generate monster/NPC stats. There are two sides to the usage of the tool.

1. Generating stats. Just go the Magic World Encounter Generator, search for the monster you need, hit "Generate", and let the combat begin.

2. Creating new templates. If the creature you need (a Troll Warlord, an Archlich Sorcerer, a Direwolf; whatever your campaign needs) does not exist in the system yet, you can create it yourself. For that you need to create an account and log in. Once logged in, you can create any kind of monster/NPC specifications (the tool uses the term "Template" for these specifications) you need and make them available for other GM's. 

Right now it's still rather empty. I created a couple of orc templates and a few other creatures. Somebody should add at least the basic rulebook bestiary. (With the RQ6 instance of the tool the community has created over 2000 templates over the past two years and generated over 110000 creatures.)

Note! I don't play Magic World myself, so there might be errors in how the tool is set up. If you encounter problems, or have any improvement ideas, let me know.

• Like 2

• there is NO "Stat x 5 " roll for SIZ in Magic World
  • THP seem wrong; looks like they are CON+SIZ; should be (CON+SIZ)/2 
  • There are no Major Wound Values (should be THP / 2)

Fixed.

Question - what effect does the Rank rating actually have?

None. It's just to indicate to other users how powerful they can expect the creature to be.

Thanks, Skoll! I'll do my best to devote some TLC to the generator :-)

Cheers!

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

• 2 weeks later...

Have been working my way through the MW bestiary. Couple of observations:

• I can't seem to assign whether a custom weapon can parry or not?
  • There's nowhere obvious to add notes regarding weapons / attacks (e.g. the Cattle's Trample is contingent on the opponent being on the floor, Chunchon MP drain...)
  • Is there any particular reason why the default list of published entries ISN'T alphabetical?

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by NickMiddleton

On 11/11/2015, 10:54:05, NickMiddleton said:
  • I can't seem to assign whether a custom weapon can parry or not?

I'll add it later during the weekend.

• There's nowhere obvious to add notes regarding weapons / attacks (e.g. the Cattle's Trample is contingent on the opponent being on the floor, Chunchon MP drain...)

We have used the template notes for that. Do you think that works for you? The reason there hasn't been weapon-specific notes is, that the notes wouldn't be printed anyway in the weapons section, but in the notes section. (Or at least I think that makes most sense.)

• Is there any particular reason why the default list of published entries ISN'T alphabetical?

It's sorted primarily by rank, and secondarily by name. But if you think it should be alphabetical, I can change it. 

And you have noticed, that you can sort the list by any column?

6 hours ago, skoll said:

I'll add it later during the weekend.

We have used the template notes for that. Do you think that works for you? The reason there hasn't been weapon-specific notes is, that the notes wouldn't be printed anyway in the weapons section, but in the notes section. (Or at least I think that makes most sense.)

It's sorted primarily by rank, and secondarily by name. But if you think it should be alphabetical, I can change it. 

And you have noticed, that you can sort the list by any column?

Cool.

I had noticed the sort by columns and to be honest I think alphabetical as the default is a better idea, but it's not that urgent.

the notes section is probably fine - could it be made a bit larger on the web page though? Creatures like the Greater Demon have a bunch of powers AND special weapons that transcribing into the existing box is a bit irritating.

cheers,

Nick

Apply skill bonus (+20) creates an error message. 

http://ouropa.planeetta.com/rq_tools/mw_enemygen/enemy_template/40/

While you are at the keyboard - would it be possible to get the spirit upload (in your mail) to rq6 encounter generator.

Edited by hkokko

Small thing: The name of the "Tab" is still RQ6 Encounter Generator. For example generate a new enemy. Observe the name of the tabs the other one reads "RQ6 Encounter Generator" the other one reads for example: "MW:Angel 1"

• 1 year later...

Hey, Skoll & Hkokko, 

I know the link to the MW enemy generator is no longer valid in light of time and all the changes, but might the MW generator be available via another path...or is it a completely dead project?

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

• Like 2

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

• 2 weeks later...

For any who were curious, I just got the official word. The MW EG is definitely bye-bye, but when it was available some, particularly myself, greatly appreciated the resource and the work involved. 

Cheers,

Sunwolfe