The Case of the Missing Professor

K Peterson

Has anyone played through this adventure, or read any reviews of it? Any good?

I've got a copy of Hellfire, which is quite a brutal adventure - and I'm curious how the Missing Prof compares to it. Would it make a good start to Dark Streets campaign?

From its DTRPG page, I see that it's part 1 of the "Terror of the Toad" campaign. Have any other parts been released, or are there any release dates for when the followups are expected?

• Like 1

Well, I'll summarize because I don't want to give away any spoilers, and because I haven't studied the adventure in great detail.

Basically, the Bow Street Runners (PCs) are asked to assist on a raid of a high-class brothel in London. This turns up clues that lead to an investigation which involves some powerful and wealthy NPCs. The investigation can then involve a trip to a hamlet on the outskirts of London where very bad things are happening. Queue the cultists, the human sacrifice, and a few Mythos beasties. :)

I need to sit down and give Hellfire another read-through. The ending left me thinking, I see a bloody end to some PCs in this adventure. :)

Apologies for the delay in responding - I've been on holiday (and returned home to power cuts and flooding! I sense occult forces at work, as it has been the worst rainfall in Lancaster for 1000 years or somesuch drivel). Anyhoo, the CotMP should slip in to a DS campaign as either an away mission for the Adventurers or as the beginnings of a campaign in its own right - but as it stands, Part Two of the Terror of the Toad is not complete.

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

14 hours ago, rsanford said:

Thanks! I am thinking about running this as part of a gritty magic world game I'm running.

I'd think that it'd work really well as an old school, Warhammer FRPG adventure.

1 hour ago, doomedpc said:

Apologies for the delay in responding - I've been on holiday (and returned home to power cuts and flooding! I sense occult forces at work, as it has been the worst rainfall in Lancaster for 1000 years or somesuch drivel). Anyhoo, the CotMP should slip in to a DS campaign as either an away mission for the Adventurers or as the beginnings of a campaign in its own right - but as it stands, Part Two of the Terror of the Toad is not complete.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 09/12/2015 at 4:43 PM, K Peterson said:

Alright, well I guess I'll take a gamble and pick up Missing Prof sight-unseen.

I am still curious whether there are other parts of Terror of the Toad in the works.

If you did pick it up I would be very grateful if you could give it a short review or Star marking on DTRPG please :)

9 minutes ago, K Peterson said:

I did purchase it about 8 months ago. But I'll need to go back and reread it because I don't recall any details from it, unfortunately.

If you could give any feedback, both the good and the bad when you do re-read it , it would be appreciated. Don't put yourself out for it though. Thanks :)

We did play this adventure almost exactly two years ago, and I really liked it, mainly because it was a fascinating mystery scenario with lots of interesting non-player characters and little violence. 

• Like 2

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

1 minute ago, rust said:

We did play this adventure almost exactly two years ago, and I really liked it, mainly because it was a fascinating mystery scenario with lots of interesting non-player characters and little violence. 

Thanks Rust : I built it just for that - The mystery but with options for combat should the group favour that type of play. I wanted to create the aura of threat and feeling of danger rather than violence.

• Like 1