Potions Skill

hdan

What utility is the Potion skill in MW?

Various searches around this site and the web don't turn up much other than "maybe it's in the Advanced Sorcery" book. Does the AS book actually present a reasonable set of guidelines for making the 4 classic types of potion (being Poison, Antidote, Buff, Spell)?

I've been looking at Alchemy&Artifice, which has some great ideas in it, though I'm not sure if I should just port the Elixers stuff over, substituting Potion skill for Craft(Alchemy) or not. (I'm certainly taking the random Herbs table stuff!)

Thanks for any advice!

The way I wrote up Alchemy & Artifice was with the intention of people using the whole system. I honestly didn't think about people using bits and pieces  (which was very silly of me. :)  )

I can't see any problem at all with JUST using the potions/elixers part, using the Potions skill, and disregard the Craft Alchemy and Alchemy Procedures. 

Those additional skills were placed in the system for no other reason than making the other, more powerful procedures scale and become a little more difficult. 

As with anything I've posted, chot it up and use whatever works for your game!

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects