Five Points: a Dark Streets setting - PDF available now!

doomedpc

Five Points is a game of urban horror in America’s first melting pot, the Five Points neighborhood of New York City. Set in the 1840's and 50's against a backdrop of the Cthulhu Mythos, Five Points is powered by Dark Streets from Cakebread & Walton. Players take on the roles of runners or advisors for the Bowery Street Runners, an homage to the Bow Street Runners from London’s past, fighting against the terrors of the night. Can you stop them before the stars are right?

Five Points includes:

A detailed historical look at New York City’s Five Points neighborhood during the 19th century.
    Organizations straight from history.
    Character creation for Bowery Runners.
    Setting information for running Five Points games.
    A collection of adventure frames.
    … and more!

Five Points is not a standalone book. It requires use of the Dark Streets core rulebook available from Cakebread & Walton.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/195092/Five-Points-Dark-Streets

Five Points.jpg

• Like 3

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

They are closer to the adventure seeds in Dark Streets - they are separated into three sections; Background, Investigation and Games Master notes (each scenario is between 1-2 pages long).

• Like 1

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

I grabbed it as soon as I heard it was out but haven't had a chance to do more than glance through it.
I think I'm less interested in the Cthulhu angle and more interested in playing out the struggles of the neighborhood... PCs running gangs and pushing votes for Tammany Hall. Real life horrors of the era.

• Like 2

Oh wow this looks good. I remember reading about this being a work in progress several months ago, and now it's here. 

This setting has a lot of possibilities, it's basically 'Gangs of New York meets The Mythos'.

Cool, I will be grabbing this at some stage soon 

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 2

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

The cover does nothing for me - looks uninspiring. But I am waiting for the print + pdf option on Drive Thru and then it will be mine.

Der Rote Baron does not judge a book by its vocer, ya know, and I really like the setting (hasn't been done to death). Hope they offer more real world scenarios and keep the Cthulhu angle low (while I like CoC, the mythos thing HAS been done to death and dreaming and undeath and still dreaming).

• Like 2

On 12/10/2016 at 5:39 PM, Mysterioso said:

@doomedpc How is the Terror of the Toad campaign for Dark Streets coming?  Also, there was mention of another book, Gin and Hellfire.  Is that new Dark Streets material too?

Hiya. I will be continuing Terror of the Toad. Apologies for the huge delay in it. My plan, working with Ken & Pete (doomedpc) , is to spend the majority or whole of next year concentrating on Dark Streets and getting releases out for it either in PDF or Print or both. I would hope to be getting a product out from late March every 6 to 8 weeks including new adventures , setting material and sourcebooks including a link to bring it into the Edwardian era. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ade said:

Hiya. I will be continuing Terror of the Toad. Apologies for the huge delay in it. My plan, working with Ken & Pete (doomedpc) , is to spend the majority or whole of next year concentrating on Dark Streets and getting releases out for it either in PDF or Print or both. I would hope to be getting a product out from late March every 6 to 8 weeks including new adventures , setting material and sourcebooks including a link to bring it into the Edwardian era. 

That is great news!

• Like 2

• 5 years later...