Revolution D100 pdf available?

HaganeHebi

So I just went to DriveThru to check out some of the new releases of the last week, and lo and behold; I see that Rev D100 is available! Since the supposed launch date was 3 December @ Dragonmeet 2016 I kind of want to make sure this is not some sort of mistake before I start throwing money at the screen?:D

Launch day for print is still next week, but since all contributors have received the PDF and we are trying a slightly new business model for Revolution, I have decided to make the PDF available beforehand. You can purchase safely, it is what is advertised : 256 pages of D100 gaming for twelve bucks.

Note that if you purchase from RPG Meeting you get a discount code that subtracts the PDF price from the price of the printed book if purchased at a later time, so you might prefer this last option if you think you might be interested in the dead tree version.

http://www.rpgmeeting.org/en/component/hikashop/prodotto/revolution-d100-pdf

• Like 3

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Since the RPG Meeting site only included pricing in Euros (or, presumably, UK Pounds) I got the impression (perhaps unfounded) that the discount does not apply to North America (of course, shipping a book to Portland has its own complications). So, while no discount is going to apply, do we know anything about when the print book will become available to North Americans that would not require them to be shipped directly from the UK?

Sorry Michael, what discount are you talking about? Was there a discount?

Grając zaś w grę komputerową, być może zdarzyło się wam zapragnąć zejść z wyznaczonej przez autorów ścieżki i, miast zabić smoka i ożenić się z księżniczką, zabić księżniczkę i ożenić się ze smokiem.

He meant the discount if you purchase the PDF first and the book later.

The button to show the price in dollars is in the lower right corner of the page. I suppose your comment means that I should put it in a more visible position :)

The price for shipment is €8 worldwide, being in the States means only that you will wait a little bit longer. We already have one copy to ship to Beaverton, so the Portland area is definitely within our range of action.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but mixing offers we make on our site with purchases on DriveThru is not manageable. And DriveThru does not allow us to place a big "YOU GET A DISCOUNT IF YOU PURCHASE THIS ELSEWHERE" sign on the product page. Understandably, if I may speak my opinion :)

The book IS released, by the way. As I write this, we are sending out the first wave of copies to crowdfunding backers and pre-orderers.

Hi Rosen, could you make a smaller version of the pdf available at RPGnow.com ? The current one is 100MB, but I was able to reduce it to 23MB without a visible loss in quality. I prefer the high quality pdf for printing, though. So maybe you can make both versions available for download?

The script on Linux to reduce the size is this:

gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dPDFSETTINGS=/ebook -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -dBATCH -sOutputFile=Revolution_D100-small.pdf Revolution_D100.pdf

Feel free to contact me, if you do not have access to a Linux PC, I can send you the converted version via Dropbox or similar.

PDF compression has created troubles in the earlier stages of the electronic delivery. Although it may have been a problem related to the software I used to optimise, it is clear that it is something we have to tackle organically, relying on the same Adobe tools we use for creating the pdf, and not depending on "the best tool available at the moment". This means that I will check optimisation options after the next iteration of the PDF, due within this month.

The policy we have adopted at the moment is "100 Mb is acceptable, as it is the same size as RQ6".

Providing different versions is exactly what we do on RPG Meeting - we have a coverless PDF that is 30 Mb instead of 100. I will check whether this is doable on Drivethru, too.

thnaks for your answer, I can fully understand the reasoning (I remember the trouble with Rubble and Ruins) behind it. the 30MB cover-less version sounds like a good option, though.

BTW: what happened to Merrie England, Crusaders of the Amber Coast and Rome? I cannot find them at any online shop at the moment ....

well, nowadays people send 30MB video files via email (which is then blown up by the underlying processes to about 50MB), so I do not have a problem with 100MB files at all. Only thing is, the smaller PDF is a lot faster to scroll through on an old tablet that I use for reference purposes. Anyway, I rather have a high quality product for printing, than a mediocre one that looks ugly when I print it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received their physical copy of Revolution d100? I'm eager to have it here and read it thoroughly.

Grając zaś w grę komputerową, być może zdarzyło się wam zapragnąć zejść z wyznaczonej przez autorów ścieżki i, miast zabić smoka i ożenić się z księżniczką, zabić księżniczkę i ożenić się ze smokiem.

Quick update about delivery, as several people have inquired. The first wave of books sent includes pre-orders and most ulule backers who have NOT purchased cards.

Of these, the continental EU deliveries have been shipped separately with non-tracked methods, so you should receive them in a few days, compatibly with the Holidays.

UK and US deliveries have been shipped to local partners who will resend the books via Royal Mail and USPS, respectively. Neither package has reached the partner yet, so if you are in the US or UK the book has not begun its final step to your home, although we hope it will do it this week.

A few minutes ago, the postman rang the bell, my physical copy of Rd100 had arrived. Thank you!