French And Indian War. (7 years war)

Jeff Mindlin

Hi,

Any info about the other two scenarios mentioned as follow ups to the excellent Breaking of Spring and Depths of Winter? 

Just wanted to pass on to the author that these are much appreciated and more would be even better! The four would make a great campaign - could be put together into one package with half a dozen extra encounters and well ... what a campaign!!

Anyway - anybody who hasn't picked these up yet - they're great!

• Like 2

How's about adding a kind of mini setting to the campaign, adding all the necessary rules, and turning the whole thing into its own game, like what they did with Dark Streets.

Also, for additional French & Indian War material you might want to check out The French & Indian War for Rogue Games' Colonial Gothic RPG. Mystical Throne Entertainment did a supplemental setting book for Colonial Gothic that is set in Portsmouth just before the French & Indian War.

Links:

Colonial Gothic: The French & Indian War

Portsmouth 1745 (Colonial Gothic) [PDF] – Mystical Throne Entertainment

You can get both books in print on demand from DTRPG.

Edited by Vorax Transtellaris
  • Like 3
RPGbericht (Dutch)

4 hours ago, Vorax Transtellaris said:

How's about adding a kind of mini setting to the campaign, adding all the necessary rules, and turning the whole thing into its own game? Like what they did with Dark Streets.

I like this idea exceedingly! And would back it as I did with Dark Streets with rebuying the materials.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care about miniature rules but I would support more adventures - maybe an anthology with a mini-campaign (I am thinking soft-cover, less than 120 pages, 4-6 scenarios with a beginning and  an ending). And stay historical - no more Cthulhu here and dark magic there. Even "werewolves" (if there would be a scenario hinting at one) should be strictly mundane - people in wolf-skins "feeling the wolf spirit" (= suffer from insanity).

I am not against horror and magic in settings but it has been done to death and it seems that it is a short-cut: "Let's just throw in some werevolves/ deep ones/ witches/ black magic and we can make even the dullest adventure great." No, great ideas make great adventures!

And I really like the fisrt two scenarios and their down-to-earth feeling!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Der Rote Baron said:

I don't care about miniature rules but I would support more adventures - maybe an anthology with a mini-campaign (I am thinking soft-cover, less than 120 pages, 4-6 scenarios with a beginning and  an ending). And stay historical - no more Cthulhu here and dark magic there. Even "werewolves" (if there would be a scenario hinting at one) should be strictly mundane - people in wolf-skins "feeling the wolf spirit" (= suffer from insanity).

I am not against horror and magic in settings but it has been done to death and it seems that it is a short-cut: "Let's just throw in some werevolves/ deep ones/ witches/ black magic and we can make even the dullest adventure great." No, great ideas make great adventures!

And I really like the fisrt two scenarios and their down-to-earth feeling!

If I recall correctly in the first scenario there were "on/off" switches for more outre material.  That is always a nice option if the author has that in mind. 

That said, it does seem everything is being flooded now with the supernatural and I would be very happy to see exactly what The Red Baron describes above.

Along those lines, a similar book in style and length (with rules embedded like Dark Streets V.2.) that allowed one to do Sharpe with the numbers filed off would be MOST welcome.

• Like 2

BUT - just the summer and fall scenarios would make me very pleased and willing to part with cash. Maybe a more realistic request? And it would be GREAT to be able to run all four as s campaign   

Its such an evocative period - endless woods, scalping, tomahawks, muskets, stupid regular infantry in their tricorn hats and flamboyant colours standing in rows to be mown down, British and French learning guerilla tactics from the locals and ranging/running the woods....the future of the USA determined by the debt the Brits got into to win it.. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...