What do we need to do now?

Archivist

I feel we need more hype for Revolution D100. What do we need to do now to increase the hype? Do we need more fan made stuff? If so, what kind? Is there a supplement or something that needs input? Should I write a review somewhere? 

Edited by Archivist

Thank you very much for your enthusiasm. The hype is slowly building up, I would just like to wait until a sizeable number of you have the physical books in your hands before starting to blow the trumpets, otherwise it will sound as vaporware - and as announced earlier, we are still in the "books on their way" phase. I will have something to show to the public very, very soon - I am just waiting for a reply from DriveThru.

In the meanwhile, if anyone has ideas or desiderata, do not hesitate to post here, in Archivist's thread. Everything will be noted.

• Like 1

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

14 minutes ago, RosenMcStern said:

I will have something to show to the public very, very soon - I am just waiting for a reply from DriveThru.

Hoho ! I'm excited.

Reviews are always good. Considering the size of Alephtar, the fan community has to be intensively involved. Demonstrate it in schools, clubs and at conventions, speak about it, play it.

Small supplements like the Shade Land are easy to do and can quickly cover many genres, giving enough time to work on bigger settings.

Publish a short Revolution D100 Discovery kit.

Develop a native setting (may be mixing genres like an Avatar-like mixing sci-fi and primitive, techniques and powers, hard science and new-age). A good confrontation is the engine for an interesting setting I think.

Let's start with answering those questions:

- I'm a newbie, why shall I start RPGing with Revolution D100 ?

- I'm a grognard, why shall I switch to Revolution D100 ?

- what do I find at Alephtar which I don't find somewhere else ?

And make the answers known.

Easier said as done.

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

• Find what RD100 is good at and recommend it when the need arises 
  • Figure out the target audience and current perception of the game, for example, being a BRP derivative people will probably perceive the game as deadly/crunchy.
  • An introductory/quickstart product like Savage World's Test Drive rules; the book while amazing is a huge beast, with many subsystems. A barebones product let's newcomers (specially non-BRP gamers) test the game without having to sit down and read the whole thing. FFG's beginner box introduces the Star Wars system in very manageable chunks.
  • Conversion documents for popular media: Star Wars, Marvel, Westworld, GoT, Walking Dead. A couple of years ago someone explained the Avenger's battle in New York using Fate Accelerated, that drew many people into the game and helped grok how the game was supposed to be played.
  • Make podcasts, write to kurt wiegel or other reviewers with a fanbase to put the game on their radar, post actual play's on youtube.
  • Keep the content moving, make a fanzine :)
  • Build a community on G+ (Sadly, while I love forums, communities are easier to access with cellphones and tablets) with links to the content I've talked about above, direct curious folk to said community.
  • Make products using the OGL :)

Ok, that's a long list :P