Agents of the Crown

Mysterioso

As I posted it in a thread not focused on Renaissance, I thought I'd post it here too.  There was a rather neat monograph for BRP, Agents of the Crown (Scott Pyle).  It was a great little set-up for Victorian/Penny Dreadful/Edisonade adventures. I would love to see it brought over to Renaissance and done in the style of C&W's Dark Streets with everything (setting, rules, etc.) in one place.) I think it would be a great book for C&W as I think the way AotC is set-up would work nicely with Renaissance's less dense take on D100.

AGENTS OF THE CROWN combines Victorian heroic action in the tradition of pulp stories, comic books, and the Penny Dreadfuls of the 19th century with the solid play and tremendous versatility of the Basic Roleplaying system. Agents of the Crown allows players to take the roles of super-agents in Victorian England serving Queen and Country combating evil in a myriad of forms. Whether foiling assassination attempts against the country's Royals or members of Parliament, or rooting out vile cult activity amidst the sweat and squalor of London's Bainbridge Rookery, the operatives of her Royal Majesty Queen Victoria know the truth. Evil is out there. Its minions are legion. They inhabit the edges of England's vast, world-spanning empire, corrupting, waiting for their chance to sew chaos and disorder. And so the Agents of the Crown must face these threats as they come. Their lives are sometimes lost in the cause, but never given cheaply. Indeed, the Agents possess powers and skills beyond the average man or woman's. Whether by accident of birth, or from the borne of the world's brave new sciences, they are often more than human. Yet still it is their courage that most sets them apart from ordinary citizens, for they must endure hardships that run the gamut of human experience and beyond. One day it might be a terrible threat from beyond space and time, while the next it might be an all too human killer who stalks the innocent along rain-slicked cobblestone streets.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/82062/Agents-of-the-Crown?term=agents+of+the+crown&test_epoch=0

Edited by Mysterioso
  • Like 2

I liked that monograph as well... and had renewed interest in running a campaign with it after watching the recent series Penny Dreadful. It's also a bit reminiscent of 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'... which I think was the main inspiration for AotC.

It would be great if it could be expanded/enhanced into a fuller setting ala Dark Streets.

• Like 3