Dark Valley -- An Original BRP Campaign

DaggerMan

D A R K V A L L E Y
a basic roleplaying adventure
by don jolly v.1.1

dark cedars climb the slope of somber hills. the passes ring with the calls of wildcats. Here come the warm spring rains, the gifts of dreaming Texas. Here come the trappers, through the dark, truding with strange pelts in tow. Dark Valley, Texas. Which men may never leave. 

Dark Valley is a campaign for Basic Roleplaying that I'm currently running for my group up here in Brooklyn. It's a western setting with a few interesting wrinkles and five intersecting storylines in which the player characters have a chance to intervene. I've run a few sandbox games before, but the flexibility of BRP expanded the scope of that sandbox tremendously. I don't want to give anything away, but I will say a few things: this module contains a giant feathered tyrannosaurus rex and a church where old issues of Amazing Stories are considered modern scripture. In terms of structure, I tried to emulate the better 1990s CRPGs -- think of the selection of quests and encounters that make up the original Fallout and you've got the idea. 

Check it out here: http://www.daggermag.com/darkvalley.html    (Just click the map to download the module's .txt file -- easy to edit and manage at the table) 

• Like 1