RuneQuest 2 gm screen

StepwisePilot

Well - Rq2 is several RQ generations away - from 35 years ago. There are many differences that affect the GM screen as well as couple of variations of GM screen. At least three exist that I am aware of 

- RQ2 Screen which came with RQ2 Classic from Chaosium approximately year ago

- Judges Guild yellow screen from the 1980's - somewhere in my garage

-Mongoose has a screen for RQ that might be called RQ2 screen as well - I think I do not have that one.

I took a look at one of the RQ2 screens (the one that was published with Rq2 Classic edition) I have and found on a brief look the following. 

Weapon table:

- weapon damages are different. STR and DEX are not used any more. Length does not matter. HP's are different if you happen to use them. Prices might be different. SR is not being used

Melee rounds and combat squences and results are different. 

Probability tables are different (there is no impale). 

Monster hit locations are somewhat different. HP per locations might be different.

Armor statistics are different - and there are different variations. Absorbs, costs, enc all at least somewhat different. There is no silent modifier. 

Shields are different (function differently)

There is no resistance table as such any more. 

Rune magic - is a bit different. Several of the spells do not exist any more. 

Battle Magic (= folk magic). Costs and points are different... Standard mythras does not have variable folk magic spell but there is progressive spells both as fan mod and in the very limited edition AiG draft.

I would not find this version of the GM screen useful for Mythras - almost all the tables are different. 

I have somewhere the yellow screen from Judges Guild. Let's see if I can find it at some time and compare it. 

Some people have used some of the stuff I put together https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/rq6-charts-and-tables/ to create their GM screens. https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/rq6-chart-setup-example/ 

There are several tables available also in The Design Mechanism page http://thedesignmechanism.com/downloads.php Look for Runequest 6 Games Master's Pack pdf and scroll down it... 

Edited by hkokko

Guest Vile Traveller
7 hours ago, hkokko said:

Well - Rq2 is several RQ generations away - from 35 years ago. There are many differences that affect the GM screen as well as couple of variations of GM screen.

Unless StepwisePilot is talking about the confusingly-named RQII, which is actually MRQ2, or RQ5 in the sequence of things (there's a lesson about acronyms in there ...). ;)

Is there any logo or company name on it?  Artwork on one side?  Color?  Other description?

Odds are, the "RQ2" GM screen you have doesn't have tables/info you want to use with "Mythras/RQ6" -- but the folks here can probably help you pin down exactly what it is you have (if you care enough to pin it down).

C'es ne pas un .sig

Use it for pure retro pleasure. Grab the RQ6 Games Masters' Pack from the Design Mechanism site, right where Loz pointed. Print out the tables from that, glue them to the inside of the screen, and enjoy playing a modern game with a retro look.

Edited by Alex Greene
  • Like 1

Author of Fioracitta for Mythras and the 2d6 SFRPG setting of Castrobancla.

5 hours ago, Alex Greene said:

Use it for pure retro pleasure. Grab the RQ6 Games Masters' Pack from the Design Mechanism site, right where Loz pointed. Print out the tables from that, glue them to the inside of the screen, and enjoy playing a modern game with a retro look.

Or you can REALLY freak 'em out & paste a Cthulhu-horror art cover...  :D

C'es ne pas un .sig

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, Mugen said:

I own a 4 panel RQII GM screen. Its leftmost panel is white with the name RuneQuest II written on it and a grey luck rune. Its rightmost panel shows a dragon head.

Some tables will be useful for RQ6/Mythras, such as the weapon tables.

That's actually what I have, hahaha