About This File
What's New in Version 1.2.1
List of changes:
- Armor penalties now automatically apply to physical, manipulation, and perception skills (and the Agility Roll). You'll see the effect in the Skill Modifier bracket.
- Added mouse-over pop-ups that provide rules notes for things like low HPs, 0 HPs, 0 MPs, etc.
- Added an extra blank for "Miscellany" skills
- Your total skill point adds are now summed up in the skills section. Maybe helpful for free-form character creation, or if you just want to see how your character stacks up.
- Some cosmetic changes
- I added some extra calculations to some fields and cleaned up the display of some fields
- As always, if you find an error in a calculation be sure to message me and I'll check it out. I tested this pretty extensively, but you never know.
Just one minor adjustment. I uploaded a variant sheet that recalculates Hit Points for characters that reach "Champion of the Balance" (POW + CON + SIZ) i.e. your score in the Balance must be 100+ and greater than your score in Shadow and Light for this to take affect. If you don't mess around with Allegiances in your game you can safely ignore this update. (the slightly larger file has this new code).
Well, there's always something. I did a bit more testing and I found a small bug: Major Wound level was being calculated incorrectly (fixed in the new version). If you have an older version of the file you'll want to replace it with this.
Beyond that I added some quality of life fixes, and some additional fields that I always forget about until I need them.
- Separate fields for tracking current and original characteristics -- useful for characters that burn POW for Fey Magic, or get temporary boosts/banes from spells, etc.
- A field for temporary hit points (for things like Quick Heal, or whatever other effects might temporarily boost HPs)
- fields for tracking spell levels in memory and free INT (for you demoniac summoners)
- A field for tracking temporary Magic Points from something like a Brazier or Staff
- Reordered fields so you can comfortably tab through the document when you are filling out the sheet.
- Added a few more miscellaneous tool-tips for some fields, to make rules references easier.
Why the change? My Major Wound calculation wasn't bugged after all, I was. Also, why the hell not?
List of changes
- went back to the old Major Wound calculation. Turns out I was crazy and spent too much time reading the BRP Big Gold Book, and realized that I had it right the first time (greater than half HPs in MW. Half or greater than HPs in BRP)
- Cleaned up a few more typos, and added more tool-tips.
- Added a couple of widgets: One rolls characteristics as per the standard method (3D6, save 2D6+6 for SIZ and INT), a widget to reset rolled characteristics, and two buttons to clear tick marks, one for lost HPs, the other for used MPs. These buttons are invisible if/when you print the sheet on paper.
Test it out and let me know if something is wonky and I'll do my best to fix it ASAP.