About This File
If anyone finds them useful, here are some squads of NPCs I’ve generated. (A second attempt at posting, after the first flooded the site with downloads for all the files individually, rather than a single download of multiple files!)
- txt files (which print to one side of A4 if font is set to 8, and margins small, 1 cm all round, but right to .5cm. Works best with a fixed font such as Consolas)
- and PDFs (to A4, I’m afraid I’m UK based).
Here are: (3 pages, each with a squad of 6)
- Orlanthi Warriors – the general muster, so more an armed rabble.
- Orlanthi Thanes – the leaders or hand-picked guards. I think “Thane” is very much the wrong term here as it seems anachronistically Anglo Saxon and doesn’t tie in with my idea of Orlanthi. Any ideas what I should be calling them?
- Lunar Irregulars – Bunch of armed Lunars, I use as bandits and such.
- Lunar Light Infantry
- Lunar Heavy Infantry (I’ve had to weight towards strength, as the standard armour weights a ton)
- Mounts – for any of the above.
I will add to the above, as required for my campaign. But it’s slow moving (and currently stalled for obvious reasons).
I’ve a program that generates them, using a data file that drives it all. Mostly lists of weighted probabilities for stuff. It weights cults/weapons etc. to the NPC’s runes, and it tries to be intelligent with the probabilities for weapons and armour, so the equipment doesn’t look completely random (whilst matching STR DEX and Enc limits).
Anyway, what you see are all computer generated, without moderation (or deletion/selection), and the first run sets.
If anyone is interested, I’m happy to share the code (it’s windows .Net, C#, and driven by XML data files). However, it’s designed for my own use, I’ve made no attempt for it to be user friendly, and input is solely by editing a XML data file, fine for those who’re happy with XML and have a decent editor!