About This File
What's New in Version 1.3.0 See changelog
If anyone finds them useful, here are some squads of NPCs I’ve generated. Updated to version 1.3 to add loads of baddies (Aldryami, spiders, Cave Trolls and Elasmosaurus).
There are now:
- Orlanthi Warriors – the general muster, so more an armed rabble.
- Orlanthi Thanes – the leaders or hand-picked guards.
- Lunar Irregulars – Bunch of armed Lunars, I use as bandits and such.
- Lunar Light Infantry
- Lunar Heavy Infantry (only the strong need apply: the standard armour weights a ton)
- Lunar Chaos Infantry, as heavy infantry, but gone completely over to Chaos, with the odd Chaos feature thrown in, because which GM can resist a chaos feature!
- Mounts – for any of the above.
- Brown Elves
- Green Elves
- Dark Trolls
- Great Trolls
- Cave Trolls
- Trollkin (warriors, so better than the average)
- Scorpion men
- Ducks (Ducks and, More Ducks)
- Centaurs (Gosh the ENC of their gear, who knew? Limiting even with their strength!)
I will add to the above, as required for my campaign. But it’s slow moving. Not sure what's on the cards next.
I’ve a program that generates them, using a data file that drives it all. Mostly lists of weighted probabilities for stuff. It weights cults/weapons etc. to the NPC’s runes, and it tries to be intelligent with the probabilities for weapons and armour, so the equipment doesn’t look completely random (whilst matching STR DEX and Enc limits).
Anyway, what you see are all computer generated, without moderation (or deletion/selection), and the first run sets.
If anyone is interested, I’m happy to share the code (it’s windows .Net, C#, and driven by XML data files). However, it’s designed for my own use, I’ve made no attempt for it to be user friendly, and input is solely by editing a XML data file, fine for those who’re happy with XML and have a decent editor! If there is any desire, I could add a GUI, if anyone twists my arm.