2019 RQG releases?

Sumath

Well the Gods of Glorantha is mooted, and then I expect for some campaign material - probably in the form of some updated classics.

It's worth noting that Call of Cthulhu has been out for a while and has had time to rev up and build up it's supplemental support. RuneQuest: Glorantha has only just been fully released (in it's box set form) recently, and you can't rush things if you want quality. 

• Like 3

Gods of Glorantha is a 2020 release.

I haven't seen anything confirming that there will be 2019 releases yet. I'm not sure what the hold up is on putting up the RQG repository - 7th Sea has one already and the licence for that has been with Chaosium five minutes.

Based on what Jeff noted back in June:

Next up is the Smoking Ruins, then the Pegasus Plateau, and then the Starter Set. The RuneQuest Campaign Book and the Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha - those are my special projects and will be done when I feel they are done. Both contain tons of new material and help move the game forward into new territory - but as a result, they are far more complex than campaign and scenario books.

I anticipate we'd see the first two this year, possibly the third, but I'm sure it's all dependent on art, layout, and printing.

19 hours ago, Addison said:

Chaosium need to clone Mike Mason and put him in charge of product development for the RQ line.

What Mike has done in terms of speed of delivery of quality products for Call Of Cthulhu has been remarkable.

It is a lot easier to put together a Cthulhu supplement at this point in the line than it is for RuneQuest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sumath said:

I'm not sure what the hold up is on putting up the RQG repository - 7th Sea has one already and the licence for that has been with Chaosium five minutes.

I don't really know anything about 7th Sea, but did it have a similar program before Chaosium?

Also, I suspect Jonstown Repository necessitates in some way opening up licensing or publishing for Glorantha materials, and that's gotta be a sticky bugger to figure out without practically giving the IP away.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

17 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Or maybe Mike Mason is just that good?

Mike is a fantastic CoC line editor and is doing a brilliant job. But CoC and RQ are very different lines and what works for one line does not always (or even usually) work for the other. Jason Durall is doing an amazing job on the RQG line and you don't have long to wait for the next few products.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

...you don't have long to wait for the next few products.

Given how long the wait for some products has been, this is a deliciously ambiguous statement.  😁

Yes, yes... I know those optimistic 70's & 80's endpaper "speculative advertisements" were a different age of gaming, functionally a different company, etc...  Pretty much every RPG company of the era (that's still in business) as a similarly amusing suite of oops moments.  But you'll forgive us grognards for taking our amusement where we find it...

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 8/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, g33k said:

Given how long the wait for some products has been, this is a deliciously ambiguous statement.  😁

Next Year was a standing joke for decades. It's still funny when the new products are coming out Next Year.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, g33k said:

I know those optimistic 70's & 80's endpaper "speculative advertisements" were a different age of gaming

Does that include the 'speculative advertisement' for Gods of Glorantha in the back of the RQG Screen Pack? 😋

Joking aside, I only picked my copies of the Bestiary and Screen Pack up today and when I saw that teaser ad for GoG I almost squeed with delight. I'm happy to wait however long it takes for that to come out as long as there's other new material to feed my need in the meantime. 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SNaomiScott said:

Does that include the 'speculative advertisement' for Gods of Glorantha in the back of the RQG Screen Pack? 😋

Joking aside, I only picked my copies of the Bestiary and Screen Pack up today and when I saw that teaser ad for GoG I almost squeed with delight. I'm happy to wait however long it takes for that to come out as long as there's other new material to feed my need in the meantime. 😁

Welcome!  Uhhh... I see that's "welcome back."  (Did your prior game get off the ground?  How'd it go / how's it going?)

I don't know if you've followed this specific news, but "GoG" is now "GaGoG" -- Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha, 100 Cults in long-form write-up -- and is planned as a TWO VOLUME set...

Edited by g33k
just to share the squee's
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 minutes ago, g33k said:

Welcome!  Uhhh... I see that's "welcome back."  (Did your prior game get off the ground?  How'd it go / how's it going?)

I don't know if you've followed this specific news, but "GoG" is now "GaGoG" -- Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha, 100 Cults in long-form write-up -- and is planned as a TWO VOLUME set...

Thanks for the welcome - it's good to be back. Hopefully I'll stay longer than two posts this time. 😁 The game I was starting up back in '16 ran for about six months, and went down well enough that two of the players keep asking for a return to RQ at some point. Right now I'm prepping a Paladin game to start on Monday, but will probably run a RQG game at some point in the not too distant future.

I did have a quick spin through the GaGoG thread and ended up falling own a Glorantha rabbit hole (again). All I can say is given the quality and sheer awesome that is the current RQG/Pendragon/Paladin line I'm definitely going to be throwing a lot of my spare cash in Chaosium's direction for the next few years.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SNaomiScott said:

I almost squeed with delight.

I hear ya, there has been an awful lot of squeeing in my household of late. A little more would be great!

Now that g33k has confused me, I don't know whether to welcome you or welcome you back.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

Just now, Bill the barbarian said:

Now that g33k has confused me, I don't know whether to welcome you or welcome you back.

I was here on the forum very briefly back in 2016 when I was prepping a RQ Classic game. As I just said to g33k in another post, hopefully I'll be back for longer this time, especially with all the gorgeous new RQG goodies I'm reading about. 😁

1 minute ago, SNaomiScott said:

I was here on the forum very briefly back in 2016 when I was prepping a RQ Classic game. As I just said to g33k in another post, hopefully I'll be back for longer this time, especially with all the gorgeous new RQG goodies I'm reading about. 😁

They look mighty tasty don't they? Where are you playing the classic? I am currently playing in the far northeast of Sartar in the Division Hills, Torkani Tribal lands in 1613 classic RQ using RQ G rules.

• Like 1

Don't worry about confusing him... we all know the Barbarian dump-stat.    😉   

Give him a beer and he'll feel better directly.    😁

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

They look mighty tasty don't they? Where are you playing the classic? I am currently playing in the far northeast of Sartar in the Division Hills, Torkani Tribal lands in 1613 classic RQ using RQ G rules.

I ran Classic in Dragon Pass and Prax, with a brief detour via Ravenloft (don't ask). I've got a seriously strong affection for the original gaming area presented in the RQ Classic rules and supplements, so they usually act as the base of operations for any Gloranthan game I run. That said, if/when I run RQG I'm tempted to move the action somewhere else for a change of pace - maybe Kralorela, for some wyrmish fun.

• Like 1

I ran Classic in Dragon Pass and Prax, with a brief detour via Ravenloft (don't ask). I've got a seriously strong affection for the original gaming area presented in the RQ Classic rules and supplements, so they usually act as the base of operations for any Gloranthan game I run. That said, if/when I run RQG I'm tempted to move the action somewhere else for a change of pace - maybe Kralorela, for some wyrmish fun.

Or Balazar for some stone-age goodness...

Anyway we have camped for just about long enough, on the 2019 release thread. Nice to meet you, beware of g33k he will bore you senseless and never buy his round  but it's not his fault. He's a shameless grognard. See you on the threads, and might I suggest a trip to Allastor's Skull Inn to start a thread about whatever or introduce yourself in the intro thread there.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, g33k said:

"GoG" is now "GaGoG" -- Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha

I'm still not quite sure why Chaosium isn't going with "Deities of Glorantha", or some other equally shorter title. Unless they really like the alliteration...

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

32 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

I'm still not quite sure why Chaosium isn't going with "Deities of Glorantha", or some other equally shorter title. Unless they really like the alliteration...

I'd prefer an even more precise name of Gods and Goddesses of Genertela between West and East plus Ygg and Elder races' Gods and Goddeses, or GaGoGbWaEpYaErGaG.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6