Sign in to follow this  
Sumath

2019 RQG releases?

Chaosium need to clone Mike Mason and put him in charge of product development for the RQ line.

What Mike has done in terms of speed of delivery of quality products for Call Of Cthulhu has been remarkable.

• Like 1

Well the Gods of Glorantha is mooted, and then I expect for some campaign material - probably in the form of some updated classics.

It's worth noting that Call of Cthulhu has been out for a while and has had time to rev up and build up it's supplemental support. RuneQuest: Glorantha has only just been fully released (in it's box set form) recently, and you can't rush things if you want quality. 

• Like 3

Gods of Glorantha is a 2020 release.

I haven't seen anything confirming that there will be 2019 releases yet. I'm not sure what the hold up is on putting up the RQG repository - 7th Sea has one already and the licence for that has been with Chaosium five minutes.

Based on what Jeff noted back in June:

Next up is the Smoking Ruins, then the Pegasus Plateau, and then the Starter Set. The RuneQuest Campaign Book and the Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha - those are my special projects and will be done when I feel they are done. Both contain tons of new material and help move the game forward into new territory - but as a result, they are far more complex than campaign and scenario books.

I anticipate we'd see the first two this year, possibly the third, but I'm sure it's all dependent on art, layout, and printing.

19 hours ago, Addison said:

Chaosium need to clone Mike Mason and put him in charge of product development for the RQ line.

What Mike has done in terms of speed of delivery of quality products for Call Of Cthulhu has been remarkable.

It is a lot easier to put together a Cthulhu supplement at this point in the line than it is for RuneQuest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sumath said:

I'm not sure what the hold up is on putting up the RQG repository - 7th Sea has one already and the licence for that has been with Chaosium five minutes.

I don't really know anything about 7th Sea, but did it have a similar program before Chaosium?

Also, I suspect Jonstown Repository necessitates in some way opening up licensing or publishing for Glorantha materials, and that's gotta be a sticky bugger to figure out without practically giving the IP away.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, Jeff said:

It is a lot easier to put together a Cthulhu supplement at this point in the line than it is for RuneQuest. 

Or maybe Mike Mason is just that good?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

Or maybe Mike Mason is just that good?

Mike is a fantastic CoC line editor and is doing a brilliant job. But CoC and RQ are very different lines and what works for one line does not always (or even usually) work for the other. Jason Durall is doing an amazing job on the RQG line and you don't have long to wait for the next few products.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

...you don't have long to wait for the next few products.

Given how long the wait for some products has been, this is a deliciously ambiguous statement.  😁

Yes, yes... I know those optimistic 70's & 80's endpaper "speculative advertisements" were a different age of gaming, functionally a different company, etc...  Pretty much every RPG company of the era (that's still in business) as a similarly amusing suite of oops moments.  But you'll forgive us grognards for taking our amusement where we find it...

It feels like we need GoG and the GM book for the game to feel 'completed' to an initial stage. But I expect both in 2020, so that should be fine.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, g33k said:

Given how long the wait for some products has been, this is a deliciously ambiguous statement.  😁

Next Year was a standing joke for decades. It's still funny when the new products are coming out Next Year.

• Like 1