Interior art

Trifletraxor

I'm David Lee Ingersoll, one of the main illustrators for the BRP sourcebook. Sverre emailed me earlier this week and invited me over.

I've been illustrating gaming material since 2002 when I did a few pieces for the first issue of the Black Seal. I'm not much of a writer so I'll probably lurk more than post.

Welcome aboard David!

If anyone of you haven't visited it allready, check out Skook's sketchbook, David's blog with sketches of interior art for the Basic Roleplaying book.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Good to hear David!

Though with Chaosium's infamous working speed I'm not holding my breath. Or I am actually, but I'm fearing a 2008 release. ;-(

By the way, is the interior art black & white, or colour? I'm guessing black & white due to the relatively low price, but I just have to ask as Cthulhu is sporting a fine green colour. :P

With your interior art, and hopefully a new cover illustration, my designer friend might even stop dissing the art of the RPG books I use (he always use to comment on D&D art being better than RQ art)! :D

SGL.

By the way, you write that you were contracted for 30 pieces. Have you made more than that, or was 30 the number it ended on? The illustrations you have made, are they for the entire book, or only certain sections of it?

Do you know if they plan to re-use many old pictures, or have other artists too doing new interior art? (re-use is most likely I guess?)

SGL.

All my illustrations are black and white, even the Cthulhu one I posted here. (The black and white version is slightly different from the color one although they are both based on the same pencil drawing.)

I did thirty illustrations and have offered to do more if needed. I was pretty much let loose to draw whatever I wanted. I intended the illustrations for the entire book but it will be up to the designers to place them. I'm not sure whether they'll be using more original art by other artists or re-using older pieces. (I'm guessing re-use as well.)