How to fix Mongoose RuneQuest/Glorantha

frogspawner

I like this idea. I did a lot of soul searching about the physical Runes. I have reconciled it thus.

Physical Runes exist, but they are big. Geograhic in fact. These are places of power and shrines and temples have sprung up on them. So in order to attune a Rune, you need to go on pilgrimage and do 'tasks' 'stations' heroquests? Not sure yet. My Glorantha will vary.

Anyway, you'll need to quest for these runes and will be guarded by temples etc. Once you are dead, its gone.

Was also thinking of giving the runes a % rating too. That way, you gain mastery at 100%.

That is fucking brilliant

I'm gonna combine it with my idea just out of akwardness but its still too clever to ignore

Well done that Argimilian

Al

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is fucking brilliant

I'm gonna combine it with my idea just out of akwardness but its still too clever to ignore

Well done that Argimilian

Al

Lol. Glad you like it.

For example. You will only find an air rune at the top of Kero Fin. If you can climb it, and are worthy, you will be able to embody it.

Other places. To be decided but at present I haven't got the time to map runes to Glorantha.

There won't be many places tied to runes. They'll be gaurded. Most likely by the priests and servants of the gods who have that rune in their power.

Probably not all gods will have a sacred site, and it is likely that rival cults will fight for them.

Places that spring to mind;

The Block - Law rune

The paps - earth rune

Copper sands - Metal rune

Ogre Island - Chaos rune

I'd be happy to hear suggestions to add to my list.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

Lol. Glad you like it.

For example. You will only find an air rune at the top of Kero Fin. If you can climb it, and are worthy, you will be able to embody it.

Other places. To be decided but at present I haven't got the time to map runes to Glorantha.

There won't be many places tied to runes. They'll be gaurded. Most likely by the priests and servants of the gods who have that rune in their power.

Probably not all gods will have a sacred site, and it is likely that rival cults will fight for them.

If you haven't read anything about native Australian myths of the Dreamtime, do read them. The basic concept (and I'm sure I've mangled it) is during the Dreamtime, the spirits walked the lands, creating paths of power. They then ultimately 'settled' into the land -- fell asleep, or still live--in distinctive places of power. So each location literally IS the spirit.

That sounds like your rune power spots. And the path they took is the set of rituals or the heroquest that the aspirant must follow.

Steve

Bathalians, the newest UberVillians!