Mythos Magic and BRP

Lloyd Dupont

I am running a soon to be BRP Campaign (was running with Mythras but just switched over to BRP) and I am thinking to include *some* Mythos magic, monster and lore. My campaign is not an horror adventure, but some of it would fit well in the current accidental interdimensional travel of my players.

However, when I look at the spells... some of them cost 25 magic points, 30 magic points.. I am confused..
Are those spell here just to taunt the players? Or am I missing something? (i.e. I thought magic point more or less = power = 3D6 capped to 21)

2 hours ago, Lloyd Dupont said:

Thanks guys! :D

It's gonna be fun, Dark Eleves, Dragonewt.... followed later by Illithid and Gythzerai... followed by Nyarlathothep and Chtugha! Descent into madness! :D

I like your style. Keep having fun!

• Like 1

Thanks Man!! :D 

I went on very slowly... like 9 session in a low fantasy viking worlds.. with some hint (non human ghost and one trip to .. was it midgard? the dwarves and giants realm)

and then! boom! interdimensional abductions! :D 
also one's characters goddess is an ascended human... who hate interdimensional monsters and, surprise surprise, she was a normal human in this other dimension 1 century ago, they just found out! 😮

Edited by Lloyd Dupont
more information
  • Like 2