Jump to content
smiorgan

Cats and Dragons!

Recommended Posts

Am I the only one who is very fond of the Cats and Dragons solo by Alan LaVergne? It is tucked in the non-Gloranthan Questworld box, but seems basically Gloranthan to me.

VERY MILD SPOILERS AHEAD

Storm Season, Alynx kittens, a chatty wyrm...

 END SPOILERS

After playing it, I was thinking about repurposing it as a light hearted one-on-one  GM-player scenario.

 Questworld was a very mixed bag, but not without its charms.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smiorgan said:

Am I the only one who is very fond of the Cats and Dragons solo by Alan LaVergne? It is tucked in the non-Gloranthan Questworld box, but seems basically Gloranthan to me.

 

And I thought I had played all of Alan's works, Never having had QuestWorld this one slipped by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

And I thought I had played all of Alan's works, Never having had QuestWorld this one slipped by.

It's a shorter solo, but it is very good. On a par with Scorpion Hall.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely part of the soloquest "Adventure Path" for me, along with the Maze of Shaxry Oborok from the Companion. There were a couple of solos in magazines I never saw, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ultor said:

There were a couple of solos in magazines I never saw

At least one other. I can picture the pages as orange, and some female character driving a cart. Up in some box in the attic.

On 8/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, smiorgan said:

Am I the only one who is very fond of the Cats and Dragons solo by Alan LaVergne? It is tucked in the non-Gloranthan Questworld box, but seems basically Gloranthan to me.

Oddly I don't remember that one, though I do have Questworld. Mostly I remember the Flynns of Panash, the cult of Nik-el, and the geography.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

At least one other. I can picture the pages as orange, and some female character driving a cart. Up in some box in the attic.

Oddly I don't remember that one, though I do have Questworld. Mostly I remember the Flynns of Panash, the cult of Nik-el, and the geography.

It's  the one with a warm making you drink slow-acting poison on the pretense of understanding old wyrmish. For performing his task, you get the antidote.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 4:39 AM, metcalph said:

It's  the one with a warm making you drink slow-acting poison on the pretense of understanding old wyrmish. For performing his task, you get the antidote.  

Well, that's kind of a spoiler! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...