Masks of Nyarlathotep (SPOILERS) - Peru Chapter

antro

Hi!

On page 49 in the newest edition of MoN, the Peru chapter mentions the following:

“The act of repairing the golden ward on the pyramid has later echoes in the possible reconstruction of the Eye of light and darkness in the main campaign.”

I’ve read the whole campaign but can’t find what this references, can anyone help me?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

My group is heading to the Ruins soon, and I'm not sure I understand the map.  The description where the kharisiri disappear on the far side of the pyramid (to head into the Charnel Pit) seems to argue that the investigators climb down a cliff and over the wall, rather than down the precarious trail and through the gate.  I'm just wondering what, if anything, I'm missing with that?

9 hours ago, Dethstrok9 said:

I have an unrelated, but I feel you nice people will know the truth.

Is the Masks campaign worth its physical price tag?

Speaking really only for myself, yes -- I think it is.  I mostly use the pdfs for GM prep and I use them from my Surface Pro for gaming.  But, the quality of the books is outstanding.  I got the slipcase on sale while I was at GenCon last year.  Not only are the books great, but I also liked getting the GM Screen and the handouts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rogueone1 said:

Speaking really only for myself, yes -- I think it is.  I mostly use the pdfs for GM prep and I use them from my Surface Pro for gaming.  But, the quality of the books is outstanding.  I got the slipcase on sale while I was at GenCon last year.  Not only are the books great, but I also liked getting the GM Screen and the handouts.

It seems like quite an investment, but I suppose I will recover. Are there so many props as to make it unrealistic to run over the internet?

• Like 1

-Voice of the Legion

7 hours ago, Dethstrok9 said:

It seems like quite an investment, but I suppose I will recover. Are there so many props as to make it unrealistic to run over the internet?

No, I don't think so, and I've made some more props myself, but I just finished the Peru prologue today.  I'm moving this summer and I've already invested in the Call of Cthulhu information for Roll20 so I can continue to run the game for my Investigators remotely.  We played today over Discord, and it worked fine.

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone!
I'm slowly delving into Masks... Taking notes as I read, making some diagrams...
I've noticed that in the Peru Chapter, Larkin's tattoo is described as a humanoid figure with a spiraled tentacle instead of head (or something like this), but later, talking about the Cult of the Bloody Tongue in America, it says that Larking's tattoo was the same that is used by this cultists: a "flower" surrounded by brackets... Should I correct Larkin's tattoo in the Peru Chapter?
Thanks!

21 hours ago, Agustina said:

Hi everyone!
I'm slowly delving into Masks... Taking notes as I read, making some diagrams...
I've noticed that in the Peru Chapter, Larkin's tattoo is described as a humanoid figure with a spiraled tentacle instead of head (or something like this), but later, talking about the Cult of the Bloody Tongue in America, it says that Larking's tattoo was the same that is used by this cultists: a "flower" surrounded by brackets... Should I correct Larkin's tattoo in the Peru Chapter?
Thanks!

Larkin's tattoo is similar to the Cult of the Bloody Tongue tattoo, but not exactly the same - it is close enough that the similarity can be seen.

The Peru text should be amended to say it is more like the "flower" design.