Coming Storm prep

jpk

Thanks jajagappa - that's an interesting opportunity for a PC - they would have many prospective dance partners/rival champions waiting for them

I'm enjoying all the little interlocking parts that I notice in my reading e.g I just grokked that Borngold Many-Brothers probably earned his epithet through the many many husbands of his sister Voranga. Made me smile :)

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 5:29 PM, jpk said:

Thanks all (and Ian !), that Cinsina map and Lant Ulfar is very helpful. I'm feeling sympathetic to Willandring the Giant now - on a clear day, he can see the ruins and trappings of his ancestors in every direction. I'm thinking too that the Red Cow Ferry may suffer some catastrophic issues from Wandle's escalating ire in "The Missing"

I had two other questions :

Are there any specifics on how Orlmakt Nine-Winds accidently broke the spear "Ferfal's Fire" while on diplomatic mission ? He is described as "Clumsy", so was it simply a case of "Yeah, yeah, I swing it twice above my head before I hand it over, I know what to do ..." followed by "Ooops" ? I was wondering if it come up from something fun in actual play :)

Also : I see Red Cow clan chmapion Jordarn was killed in a duel the year before campaign start, and I can't see if the position was filled. Would the role default to head housecarl (Jaranil the Thunder), or is this position up for grabs, potentially by a PC ?  I can imagine Broddi is reluctant to assign someone new .. which would put them square in Rostakus's sights. Further to that - are many intra-tribe problems in Sartar resolved by Champions ? Feels like the path of least blood-shed.

Thanks again

Just clumsy I think. Simon Bray actually created that character for a freeform: "The Wolf that Came in from the Cold" so he might have had other ideas, but I think it was a klutz moment.

Back in Thunder Rebels a clan had a champion, who was the best fighter and would take up arms should the clan end up deciding to settle a lawsuit via single combat with their opponents, or decided to lead off a fight with their enemies in single combat. Sartar, Kingdom of Heroes didn't really pick that up, but I liked the position and kept that role for some clans. As @jajagappa implies, it's essentially the best fighter in the clan

• Like 1

Hi Ian, that's wonderfully unfortunate for a simple klutz moment to cause such strife - great stuff.

I am very much enjoying the CS and 11L books, and would love to know any other war stories or memorable oddities that you recall from play that contributed to the setting - that stuff is gold :)

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has been most useful - so here's another question !

Queen Ivartha keeps the Telmori Ostling Spotted-Fur as a hostage to secure post-Wolf Hunt settlement - would they have to take precautions like 'stick him in a root-cellar' every Wildday as he transform into a nightmare hostage/liability ?

Thinking beyond that, I assume the 100-brave Telmori Royal Guard must have some measure of control over their transformations, or the cleaning bill must be insane. I found a mention in CS that Ostling Four-Wolf "knew the secrets of their Wildday change" which he could have passed on, but I'm wondering if the ability to control/resist the curse stems from

… sharing the blood of Sartar (which Spotted Fur has)

… or the powerful oaths of "loyalty unto death to the House of Sartar"

.. or something else ?

Any pointers much appreciated !