Sign in to follow this  
bigbrother

SB 5E Parry greater than 100%

An NPC in a scenario I’m going to run has a great sword rating of 120%.  If he is only attacked once per round, is the only way damage would reach him is if he fumbles the parry (00) or the attacker impales or crits?

Seems pretty good.  I suppose his weapon could break...

Edited by bigbrother

You are right. Unless he receives more than one attack in the same round. In that case he'll have to parry with a cumulative -30% after the first. So if three PCs attack him, his chances are first parry 120%, second 90% and third 60%.

6 hours ago, bigbrother said:

An NPC in a scenario I’m going to run has a great sword rating of 120%.  If he is only attacked once per round, is the only way damage would reach him is if he fumbles the parry (00) or the attacker impales or crits?

Seems pretty good.  I suppose his weapon could break...

Yup - fundamentally, don't go up against a master of the sword unless you have a way of tilting things in your favour (e.g. superior numbers). And note that he's rolling a critical on 24 or less - near as dammit 1 in 4 attacks with the Greatsword... 😮 

Cheers,

Nick