Some questions about future releases

Tymothi

An open letter to chaosium 

As a fan of the greatest rpg call of cthulhu since 2nd edition I need to say I love the 7th edition but I do need to ask (beg) for the following settings and campaigns.

1. Dark ages -  need I say more?

2. Gaslight - cthulhu by gaslight needs to come back

3. Colonial - imagine playing in colonial Arkham 

4. Dreamland - please release this for 7th edition 

Can we also get a 7th edition of the brotherhood of the beast module? Lovecraft.jpg

Edited by MOB
Title of thread changed to something less tendentious. Chaosium editors are active and responsive on these forums.
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly, Chaosium announced at last year's Kraken convention that they were working on a new edition of Gaslight, along with a Gaslight campaign called "The Curse of Seven" or something like that. A Dreamlands book was in the works too. @Runeblogger might know more.

• Like 3

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

10 hours ago, lordabdul said:

If I remember correctly, Chaosium announced at last year's Kraken convention that they were working on a new edition of Gaslight, along with a Gaslight campaign called "The Curse of Seven" or something like that. A Dreamlands book was in the works too. @Runeblogger might know more.

Yes, below you can read the list of upcoming publications, as revealed by Lynne Hardy:
https://elruneblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-kraken-2018-con-with-chaosium-part-2.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

• 3 months later...

On 9/3/2019 at 1:35 AM, Tymothi said:

An open letter to chaosium 

As a fan of the greatest rpg call of cthulhu since 2nd edition I need to say I love the 7th edition but I do need to ask (beg) for the following settings and campaigns.

1. Dark ages -  need I say more?

2. Gaslight - cthulhu by gaslight needs to come back

3. Colonial - imagine playing in colonial Arkham 

4. Dreamland - please release this for 7th edition 

Can we also get a 7th edition of the brotherhood of the beast module? Lovecraft.jpg

True true...but first I'd prefer to see new Dunwich, Arkham, Innsmouth and Kingsport area books.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spence said:

...  No .com out there.

That's because USAian norms aren't universally observed.

http://www.sixtystonepress.co.uk/

(that said... there seem to be some problems with their site; so maybe they're doing a revamp, or even decommissioning it, in favor of blogs/vendors/etc only (I've seen some vendors doing this:  they have an "official" FB page, Twitter, etc... but no actual website of their own.); or maybe their web-hosting service is just glitching and returning empty HTML.)

C'es ne pas un .sig

27 minutes ago, g33k said:

That's because USAian norms aren't universally observed.

http://www.sixtystonepress.co.uk/

(that said... there seem to be some problems with their site; so maybe they're doing a revamp, or even decommissioning it, in favor of blogs/vendors/etc only (I've seen some vendors doing this:  they have an "official" FB page, Twitter, etc... but no actual website of their own.); or maybe their web-hosting service is just glitching and returning empty HTML.)

Hmmmm.... OK I'll just assume you were not Intentionally try to be an .......

Not finding a .com among normal people doesn't mean it has to be an actual .com.  most understand it means a webpage.  USAism?  Hilarious.  I guess we just have to find reasons to be upset.  Back to topic the .co.uk link did not come up any web searches. Many references on blogs, reviews and stores referring to products.  But no actual company link. Odd, but not unheard of.

But thank you for their link.

15 hours ago, Spence said:

Hmmmm.... OK I'll just assume you were not Intentionally try to be an .......

Not finding a .com among normal people doesn't mean it has to be an actual .com.  most understand it means a webpage.  USAism?  Hilarious.  I guess we just have to find reasons to be upset.  Back to topic the .co.uk link did not come up any web searches. Many references on blogs, reviews and stores referring to products.  But no actual company link. Odd, but not unheard of.

But thank you for their link.

It was literally the 1st result in my search.  Top-most link.  No  search-term finesse, just explicit quotes around "sixty stone press" on Google.

I've got no idea how your search found "many references" and yet did not find the most-relevant.

But I guess I'm not "normal," nor any of my friends, as I don't recognize .com to be a regular synonym for website, and have never before met that usage.

USA+suffix, in contrast(USAian, USAism, etc) IS something I've seen and used for at least a decade or so online.

So... hilarious? ... I guess.  Whater floats your boat, or offends you, or amuses you, or whatever...  I'm not the one who "assume(d) you were not Intentionally try to be an ...... " so if you took offense, I'm sorry.

C'es ne pas un .sig

Just to say - 

in 2020, we are working on:

Cthulhu by Gaslight

Arkham and a Guide to the Miskatonic Valley

and Dreamlands thereafter.

Good news may also be had concerning things like Mansions of Madness, Malleus Monstrorum, Children of Fear, and something else.......

Edited by Mike M
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Mike M said:

Just to say - 

Cthulhu by Gaslight

Good news may also be had concerning things like Mansions of Madness, Malleus Monstrorum, Children of Fear, and something else.......

Something else...….

Wonder what new cosmic horrors are to be unveiled.

• Like 1

-Voice of the Legion

9 minutes ago, kross said:

You mean Lewis Carroll, don't you? 😉

No it's another one 😛, if you read the graphic novel From Hell by Alan Moore based on the book The final solution by Stephen Knight.

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, Mike M said:

Just to say - 

Cthulhu by Gaslight

This is good news. Given the prices on the secondary market for prior editions' Lovecraft Country sourcebooks, new editions of those will be very welcome for hardcopy aficionados.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, Spence said:

I guess we just have to find reasons to be upset.

You mean like you're doing with that post?  Yeah, shine on.  I found Sixty Stone Press with no problem.

!I!

Edited by Ian Absentia

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green