Attackers for Gringle's Pawnshop

pookie

I had a quick look at the first one (Khochaz) to see how conversions would work, since I never tried it myself, and I have some questions:

• Why did you lower his Protection 2 down to a Protection 1?
  • I believe the 1H heavy mace damage would be 1D8+2+1D4 (not 1D6)?
  • How did you get SR 9 for the sling? It's SR 2 from DEX (there's no SR modifier from SIZ for thrown weapons I think), so it should be SR 2 if the sling is loaded, SR 7 if it's unloaded?
  • Shield damage is, I think, missing the damage modifier? It should be 1D4+1D4?

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

16 hours ago, lordabdul said:

I had a quick look at the first one (Khochaz) to see how conversions would work, since I never tried it myself, and I have some questions:

• Why did you lower his Protection 2 down to a Protection 1?
  • I believe the 1H heavy mace damage would be 1D8+2+1D4 (not 1D6)?
  • How did you get SR 9 for the sling? It's SR 2 from DEX (there's no SR modifier from SIZ for thrown weapons I think), so it should be SR 2 if the sling is loaded, SR 7 if it's unloaded?
  • Shield damage is, I think, missing the damage modifier? It should be 1D4+1D4?

Kochaz had no number given for Protection in Apple Lane (original). Since the others have Protection 2, I have since bumped it.
As for the sling, I simply added the base SR given in the Bestiary. Essentially this is a quick and adaptation.

The missing shield damage is my error. I have added that and made sure that the skills are correct as best I can. This includes making sure that they have the correct Devise, Move Quietly, Scan, and Search skills.

6 hours ago, pookie said:

Kochaz had no number given for Protection in Apple Lane (original).

Oh interesting -- I was looking at the re-released PDF version and he does have Protection 2. I guess that's why those PDF re-releases are often taking a long time: they're not half-assed scan+OCR jobs, they might actually re-read and fix some stuff :)   (unless maybe that specific thing was already fixed in a later printing of the original Apple Lane, I don't know).

6 hours ago, pookie said:

As for the sling, I simply added the base SR given in the Bestiary. Essentially this is a quick and adaptation.

In my copy of Bestiary, it says SR2 for the Baboons' sling. I'm not sure if that includes the DEX SR or not (if it doesn't then yeah it would be SR 4 loaded, SR 9 unloaded). But I'm going to assume all the stats in Bestiary do indeed include DEX/SIZ because, well, first, it would just be so much nicer for GMs, and, second, it would be consistent with, say, ducks having SR 8 for their Shortsword (Base SR 5 + Shortsword SR 3).

Thanks for the updates!

Edited by lordabdul

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

I have been giving this more thought and perhaps there is scope here for a versions of the stats for both versions of Apple LaneRuneQuest Classic and RuneQuest III—updated to RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha, and then a third version actually written based on the RuneQuest Bestiary.